• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Problem with effects on a moving object

Hello everybody

I have a problem with the effects on an moving car :

I created a car following a curve (follow path). I attached to this car some effects. These ones are right, but they follow my car in a Strange way.
To do that, I created on object for each effect. These objects are linked to the main object, the car. Each object has a copy at the same place without effect. It's the only way I found to can export effects with Blender without error

I joined two pictures.

My car follow a path, a curve. As you can see, at the beginning of the curve (Picture 1), the effects are placed correctly but gradually, when the car move, they go to a side (Picture 2), up 30 - 40cm...of the car.
They come back at the good place at the end of the loop ...

However, this problem appear only on the effects. The objects to wich the effects are attached always remain at the good place (Picture1 , the little grey squares).

Anyone has an idea about this problem ?

Thank you for your help :)

Last edited:

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Please tell the software you used to make this model, make the animation and also what software you used to combine these parts. Please tell why you attached effects to small objects that you created and in turn attached those small objects to another object you created, because it seems logical to assume you could simply attach light effects to a model. I've done it many times with animated vehicle models very similar to yours, so whatever reason caused you to select an intermediary attachment object is likely related to the offset, in my opinion.

kTem0Tr.jpg

Thank you Rick

I use Blender to create the model, the animation and attach the effects.

I created the little objects (with Keep offset to the main object) because I tried to attach the effect to a poly (in edit mode). But I had an error message from blender when exporting.

I think too It's maybe the cause of the problem. But the little objects remain at the good place.

Do you use Blender ?

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I do not use Blender. I model mostly with Sketchup and use MCX to make the SDK flight sim specific changes. If there is any animation to be done, I use FSDesign Studio. I have worked with other softwares and combinations, but not Blender. I am confident that you can export your model from Blender, import to MCX and do the attachments there. I don't know if that is relevant to your needs because of course it represents another software to familiarize yourself with, but I can endorse that it is well designed, relatively simple to use and many of use here are quite proficient in it's use and eager to share their enthusiasm.

I tried to attach the effect with MCX. But it don't follow the object. It stay at his creation location.
Is it a way to attach an effect to an moving object with MCX ?