Problem with Library creator XML 2.0.2

#1
The program works great except for 1 little item. When I save the XML library and then go back into the file the GUIDs for all the objects are gone. Is this by design or am I missing something. Thanks for this program it is a handy item to have.:)

Harald

Sorry forgot to mention, it's not a big issue because you can just re-add all the MDLs. Compile works fine
 
Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#2
Hi Harald,

If the library objects show red when you reopen the XML file that probably means that the tool can not find the MDL files again on your disk. Did you maybe move the XML or the MDL files after compiling?
 
Last edited:
#3
No I didn't move them but they are not in the same directory as Library Creator, does that make a difference?

Thanks for your help

Harald
 

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#4
Hi Harald,

No, the files do not have to be in the same folder as Library Creator XML. What matters is the path that is used in the XML file. If that is an absolute path then the objects must be located there or if it is a relative one then it should be valid from the location of the XML file itself.

Can you maybe attach a screenshot of how the tool looks when you re-open your XML file?
 
#5
One thing I've noticed, but it might not be relevant...
When I have a few objects added to the library so that I need to scroll down to see them all, it won't display the last object added. The object is there -- to see it, I need to expand the last visible object, and then contract it again and the last object appears.
 

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#6
Hi Robin,

I would have to check that, it is not something I have seen before.
 
#7
Arno,

Found the problem options | relative paths had a check next to it. Removed the check and now everthing is saved correctly.

Thanks

Harald
 

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#8
Hi Harald,

Good to hear it worked.

I have put it on my todo list to check the relative paths options, as it should also work in that case (as long as the relative path between the XML and MDL files are still valid).
 
Top