Problem with lofting runway edges on Gmax

Good afternoon. I'm following the tutorial for "How to make high detailed ground poly in 2014", by jtanabodee. The problem occurs to me when making the edges of the runway, specifically when performing the loft in Gmax. When I make the loft, the figure is divided into two parts, in this way:
00.jpg

At the moment everything seems to go according to the tutorial, but at the time of applying the material and the mapping, that line divides the texture, creating a strange effect:
01.jpg

The texture seems to deform through that dividing edge. I have tried several options in the loft menu, but I can not solve it. Is there any solution? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I’m not sure if there’s a better way to do this, but when applying the texture do you have both sides of the divided polygon selected? You can try select both sides and apply the mapping that way and see if it works.

have you converted the object to editable poly? it's sure something was wrong in the process. i think it's no necessary to apply any UV mapping.

Last edited:
Did anyone figure this out , i am having the same problem . And this is just loft textured without being converted to editable poly.
Screenshot_1.png

The textures are being stretched.

OP - 90 degree angles will indeed make your texture skew as shown - you can reduce this by "breaking" each sharp corner and adjusting the UVWs to straighten your texture - if you want you can weld back together once done.

SimArc - I did respond to the thread you created, you are basically using a large loft where one side is contracted (a lot) and the other side expanded - use a smaller loft template and have the double yellows on a separate layer/poly

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
You need to unwrap each polygon. In the curved taxi way each edge polygon has different width on the inside and outside edge. Click unwrap->Select all the vertices-> Break Selected Vertices. Then click plus sign below and select poly to unwrap. You need to resize the narrow edge a bit to make the texture evenly spread through the polygon.

You need to unwrap each polygon. In the curved taxi way each edge polygon has different width on the inside and outside edge. Click unwrap->Select all the vertices-> Break Selected Vertices. Then click plus sign below and select poly to unwrap. You need to resize the narrow edge a bit to make the texture evenly spread through the polygon.
Thanks for the reply , i will try that after my vacations