• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Problem with lofting runway edges on Gmax

Country
spain
Good afternoon. I'm following the tutorial for "How to make high detailed ground poly in 2014", by jtanabodee. The problem occurs to me when making the edges of the runway, specifically when performing the loft in Gmax. When I make the loft, the figure is divided into two parts, in this way:
00.jpg

At the moment everything seems to go according to the tutorial, but at the time of applying the material and the mapping, that line divides the texture, creating a strange effect:
01.jpg

The texture seems to deform through that dividing edge. I have tried several options in the loft menu, but I can not solve it. Is there any solution? Thanks in advance.

Country
australia
Hi,

I’m not sure if there’s a better way to do this, but when applying the texture do you have both sides of the divided polygon selected? You can try select both sides and apply the mapping that way and see if it works.

Country
spain
have you converted the object to editable poly? it's sure something was wrong in the process. i think it's no necessary to apply any UV mapping.

Last edited:
Country
pakistan
Did anyone figure this out , i am having the same problem . And this is just loft textured without being converted to editable poly.
Screenshot_1.png

A

Aviasim

The textures are being stretched.

OP - 90 degree angles will indeed make your texture skew as shown - you can reduce this by "breaking" each sharp corner and adjusting the UVWs to straighten your texture - if you want you can weld back together once done.

SimArc - I did respond to the thread you created, you are basically using a large loft where one side is contracted (a lot) and the other side expanded - use a smaller loft template and have the double yellows on a separate layer/poly

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
You need to unwrap each polygon. In the curved taxi way each edge polygon has different width on the inside and outside edge. Click unwrap->Select all the vertices-> Break Selected Vertices. Then click plus sign below and select poly to unwrap. You need to resize the narrow edge a bit to make the texture evenly spread through the polygon.

Country
pakistan
You need to unwrap each polygon. In the curved taxi way each edge polygon has different width on the inside and outside edge. Click unwrap->Select all the vertices-> Break Selected Vertices. Then click plus sign below and select poly to unwrap. You need to resize the narrow edge a bit to make the texture evenly spread through the polygon.
Thanks for the reply , i will try that after my vacations