• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Problem with new MCX 1.4

Country
malaysia
Hi guys! So I recently started to use MCX 1.4 after its been a while since Ive been making sceneries. I encountered a problem with Ground Poly wizard whereas, I am unable to successfully make my ground poly appear on FSX airport. I am using P3D V1.4 SDK to make this ground poly. Back in those old days, if im not mistaken using v 1.3 of MCX i was able to make my ground poly appear on the map. Using this new MCX 1.4 if i scale on Blender, and re-import as collada into MCX1.4 using GPW it dissapears as soon as i export it into BGL. Which is kinda weird as this thing rarely happens to me. And the texture was fine. Its just solid with no texture, Ive seen some topic on GP problems and they often say its texture problem but no its not the problem too. I tried using FSX deluxe SDK instead of p3d SDK, seems to not be working too. Ive tried countless of solutions but to no avail it didnt help me solve my problem. Until I decided to install an older version of MCX 1.3. My settings are the same as the new MCX 1.4, tried exporting and it worked like a charm. The Gpoly was there and there is no problem at all. Idk if this is a problem with new MCX 1.4 or what? Or am i the only guy who experience this kind of problem. I checked with the elevation and stuffs and everything is just fine. Just maybe the software is the problem? I guess?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Can you check if the development release, version 1.5 works for you?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Are you export as FSX ground polygons from the GPW? In that case the SDK you use does not matter, as the FSX ground polygons are compiled with SCASM (compiler comes with MCX).

Country
malaysia
Hey Ive solved this issue. And now it does appear with map using MCX 1.5 but there's another problem which is MCX 1.5 GPW couldnt seem to show what has changed when I adjusted the layers. When I exported to fsx, the layers are all correct and in accordance to the layers i set but it's annoying that MCX doesn't show the preview changes of layers. On the first image, the MCX preview does not change anything, the second image shows that the layers are perfectly fine according to the values i adjusted on GPW. Third image, shows the configuration of layers.
PS; Even tried to change values of 16,8 by default. Doesnt work. Tried negative values never work too. Btw this scenery is made for FSX

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-02-18 at 22.20.04.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-18 at 22.20.04.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 63
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-02-18 at 22.32.30.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-18 at 22.32.30.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 69
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-02-18 at 22.34.40.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-18 at 22.34.40.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 66

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I see what you mean, 'that's a bug. For some reason the GPW does not directly update the preview. Let me try to find out why that happens.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I have been able to narrow down which material attribute is causing the rendering issues with the layers. But now I need to figure out how to fix it.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I have fixed the issue now, so in the next development release the layers will be rendered correctly again.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I don't think it is broken in the stable release, as it is something I only changed when I implemented the PBR in the preview.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
A new development release is out already, you if you grab the latest build it should work.