• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

[Progress Update] NZMC - Mount Cook, New Zealand | NZA Simulations

Country
australia
NZA Simulations is excited to announce we have taken on two more developers.

A name that needs no introduction from Milan, Italy, is Sergio Del Rosso who bought you amazing freeware such as the very popular NZMF Milford Sound and LSZS Saint Mortiz to name a few.

From Hamburg Germany, Lukas Christiansen also joins the ranks of the NZA development powerhouse bringing a vast work of experience in 3d modeling and 3d scanning technology.
We cant wait to show you what both have been cooking up for you.

Sergio has been working up a storm and NZA will be releasing NZMC - Mt Cook under the proline banner.

More Development screenshots to come!!

Attachments

• NZA Simulations - NZMC - Screenshots for Mt Cook01.jpg
    NZA Simulations - NZMC - Screenshots for Mt Cook01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,959
Last edited:

Ronald

Resource contributor
Damn! NZA Simulations-team. - This looks even beyond photoreal(alistic) o_O Keep pushing that envelope

Technical question:
What are the minimal technical PC-specs (cpu/gpu/ram) to be able to enjoy your scenery on this type of beauty and resolution?

Country
newzealand
Damn! NZA Simulations-team. - This looks even beyond photoreal(alistic) o_O Keep pushing that envelope

Technical question:
What are the minimal technical PC-specs (cpu/gpu/ram) to be able to enjoy your scenery on this type of beauty and resolution?
Thanks will pass that on to the rest of the team, Its been a long haul with a lot of the recent bugs going on in the sim, but we're finally there.

It will run on most rigs that can run flight sim fine. We do a lot of optimisation work as well as proper LODs etc so it can work on the more modest systems. We test all the way up to 3080 and all the way down to 980 systems to make sure it works on all levels.
I do the trailers in 4k on a i9 9900k,2080,64gb ram but the system only uses about 14-16gb for flight sim.

Ronald

Resource contributor
@NZASimulations:
We test all the way up to 3080 and all the way down to 980 systems to make sure it works on all levels.
1 - Please define "3080" and "980" Are this screen_resolution_size / video card gpu_type / option 3,4,n?

I do the trailers in 4k on a i9 9900k, 2080, 64gb ram
2 - Thanks for your feedback on the technical system_specs. (i need to start saving for a new rig...)

but the system only uses about 14-16gb for flight sim.
3 - How do you know? Do you run some sort of Hardware / Operating / GPU-card system-monitoring tool-suite in the background while testing like this?
-https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/test/wpt/
-https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/sysinternals-suite
-https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/performance-tools-gdc-2006/

Country
australia
@NZASimulations:

1 - Please define "3080" and "980" Are this screen_resolution_size / video card gpu_type / option 3,4,n?

2 - Thanks for your feedback on the technical system_specs. (i need to start saving for a new rig...)

3 - How do you know? Do you run some sort of Hardware / Operating / GPU-card system-monitoring tool-suite in the background while testing like this?
-https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/test/wpt/
-https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/sysinternals-suite
-https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/performance-tools-gdc-2006/
1 - Josh refering to Graphics cards, 3080 = RTX 3080, 980 = GTX 980

Country
france
Hi
This looks amazing
I'm wondering how are you making the screens in the building
How do you make screens change textures ?
Is it some kind of animation where different frames represent different textures with different hidden planes (flat rectangular shape)?

Can't wait to fly inbound this weekend 🤩

Ronald

Resource contributor
1 - Josh refering to Graphics cards, 3080 = RTX 3080, 980 = GTX 980

1 - Thanks Elijah for clarifying the magic numbers.
fsd_nza_feedback.jpg

2 - Feedback / Sharing an Idea (or two) which came to mind when watching your awesome looking trailer:
I especially loved this scene(ry) where the old bird rolled into her hanger and 2 aircraft? mechanics? came to life, by moving around.

3 - IDEA:: How about extending the (scenery only) functionality this hanger into a full blown MSFS2020 - "NZA Plane repair / spare-parts / maintenance shop"?
Huh? What are you talking about? Ok! Let me explain my current mindframe-of-reference to you for a sec.:
Take - for example the - A2A / AccuSim simulations excellent C172 trainer, which comes with an internal system to monitor the mechanical forces onto the plane.
And when you threat the plane to rough, this has long lasting consequences on the mechanical health of all aircraft systems.
- https://a2asimulations.com/product/accu-sim-c172-trainer-fsx/

3B - Now image this hanger (coming to life) , where one can physically fly too, in order to get and/or replace the worn-out part of one's aircraft with new one's?.
Just like the old warbird already performed in your trailer:
- Come in for a full-stop and taxi the plane inside the (newly developed) "NZA Simulations - Maintenance hanger".
- Physically do a 360 walk-around and have a peek under-the-hood, to take a look at her mechanical parts state.
- After carefully examination of her her mechanical state, being able to reset its mechanical health to 100% again, by replacing the old parts for the brand new ones.
And even: "Clean the Windshield, Change the Oil, Swap the regular tiers for bush-tiers / skies, etc"
like is being done in real-life at regular maintenance intervals?

Q: How about this concept / idea as an extension (v2?) of this scenery or an entirely new project ? Your team already has the 3D visual modelling-skills to make it happen...

Country
france
I believe that it's up to the aircraft developer to decide whether or not they want to include such features