Project 2019: Port of Hamburg

After the now finished "Birds Air Route" I have chosen the port of Hamburg for the year 2019 on multiple request.

Since the performance over Hamburg in the P3D isn't the best anyway, I can't say yet with certainty what the final scope of the project will be.
It is clear that it will of course include the new harbour promenade with the Überseebrücke (Oversea Bridge), the Landungsbrücken (Landing bridges), the floating docks, etc. If possible I will continue the harbour mile to the museum harbour "Ovelgönne".

Everything else like the theatres "King of the Lions" and "Miracle of Bern" as well as the whole area on the south bank of the river Elbe will depend on the performance situation until then.

I can already present a first picture to you:

The harbour promenade itself is already finished in its new form with the 8 wide panoramic stairs (still under construction in reality). The grey block with the transparent roof (front right) becomes the subway station "Baumwall" and the black area in the background at the end of the promenade becomes the landing bridges (2nd construction phase).

After the station Baumwall the "Oversea Bridge" with the berth of the Cap San Diego and the marina will be built. Then the first construction phase is finished.

You can follow the further progress of the development in the German and in the English sector in the new SimDocks forum.

....and here the promenade at night:

Hello!

I think this will be a very good project as I'm also flying regularly to/from Hamburg in P3D V4 with ORBX. The performance there is quiet bad and the autogen around the harbor looks very unrealistic... I'm excited and keep the work up!

Grüße aus Hamburg,

Norvin

Haha, yes, I'll remember that!
Especially since with the scenery also some ships are added, which have to moor somewhere. It will be narrow in the harbour :D

And again the port of Hamburg is two steps further.
The historical police station at the "Niederbaumbrücke" - known by the TV series "Hafenkante" - has now found its place. Of course with the corresponding jetty for the police boat "Bürgermeister Weichmann".

Yes, and the second step is the Elb-Philharmonie.
The "Phili" as it is briefly called, I had actually not at all on the plan, since it is contained in ORBX GEN.

However, the Philharmonie in GEN is not illuminated at night, so you only get to see a dark block. Of course that's not possible, because especially in the darkness the building shines in all its splendour. That's why I included them in the project and built them anew - now with dynamic reflections in the many glass panes by day (depending on the position of the sun) and of course with lighting for the night.

The first construction phase of the Port of Hamburg, from the Elbphilharmonie to the beginning of the "Landungsbrücken" (Landing bridges), has been completed with the "Überseebrücke" (Oversea bridge) and the pontoons connected to it (the missing ships come at the very end) and is entering the first test phase.

Now the second construction phase begins, which includes the complete landing bridges up to the old Elbe tunnel.

Here are two more pictures from the area of the "Überseebrücke":

More pictures will follow!

After the new promenade and the "Überseebrücke" (Oversea bridge) are finished, I went to the old buildings of the "Landungsbrücken" (Landing bridges) in the last 2 weeks.

Here I can present you the first screenshots of the Landungsbrücken from the P3D4.

Next pictures will follow when the actual landing bridges - the pontoons - are finished.

Of course the "Hard Rock Cafe" should not be missing!

...and here now two more pictures in the dark

The second construction phase has now also been completed.

It includes:
  1. the pontoons with bridges 1-10,
  2. the Rickmer Rickmers,
  3. the old buildings on the Landungsbrücken,
  4. the subway station "Landungsbrücken",
  5. the old Elbe tunnel and
  6. the Beach Clubs on the former parking deck next to the old Elbe tunnel.

But since pictures say more than 1000 words, here are some screen shots:

3rd construction phase

Unfortunately, for professional reasons, I have had little time in the last few weeks to continue designing the port. Therefore the 3rd construction phase is not as far as I would have liked it to be.
But there are a few things that are worth reporting.

First, the quay walls were extended almost to the fish auction hall and the pontoon with the offices of the tug companies were added.

Much more important, as it is a distinctive feature of the port, are the docks 10 and 11 of Blohm+Voss. Dock 10 has also been docked with a general overhaul ship, some of which is protected against bad weather by a scaffold and tarpaulin.
This ship can be faded in and out in the finished scenery via the configurator, so that the dock can be occupied or empty.

I hope that I will have more time in the coming weeks to push the construction of the scenery.

Hello, mike november,
I am happy that you like my work as a hamburger. It shows nevertheless that the recognition value can not be quite soooo bad ;)

Oder mit anderen Worten "Scheun Dank mien Jung" (with other words: Thank you very much my boy) :D