P3D v4 Project Africa

P3D is a crazy girl, it or she has emotions :p
sometimes it loads normaly and sometimes it takes a random time
i found that running P3D right after PC boot is the best time, or she will be mad at you because you used an other program before her

i mention P3D as a girl cus these type of things can be found only on a jalous girl friend :) that cares about you (P3D cares about your wallet BTW)

Thank you very much for your feedback!
I noticed longer loading times in the combination with my Africa project.
I think, I also found the reason already, and I will make it better in next part - Egypt!

Hi!
I have 16 GB RAM installed, swap file is deactivated.
During flight all in all about 10 GB are being used, even with heavy addons like AS EGLL, ORBX TE NL, FSLabs A320, and so on...
It seems that it is not a problem of my system, it seems to be really a problem of the photoscenery.
As I said, I think I already found a solution!

Last edited:
While Libya is still uploading, I would like to show the first pictures from Egypt today.
But there is one thing I must say beforehand: Even though I have made every effort to implement Egypt well, I must admit that I failed miserably.
The data basis was again clearly worse in Egypt than in the other states, and you can already see that on the pictures.
I myself am not yet satisfied with the result, but I fear that it will not be so easy to improve.

Anyway, here are the pictures:

Deano1973

Resource contributor
While Libya is still uploading, I would like to show the first pictures from Egypt today.
But there is one thing I must say beforehand: Even though I have made every effort to implement Egypt well, I must admit that I failed miserably.
The data basis was again clearly worse in Egypt than in the other states, and you can already see that on the pictures.
One trick that I have used to place buildings in cities where feature detection didn't work so well, was to select all roads and line either side of them with houses, with an argument that they would need to be within a certain distance of a "city". This fills in much of the map, but does require a lot of manual cleaning up and adjusting afterward. Worth a thought if you're having trouble with countries like Egypt.

Hi,
I am downloading Libya since yesterday 20:00 (during the night I shutdown the PC). It's been a longer operation but right now the archive is slowly decompressing on my dedicated disk. One more hour and I could make a flight over this region ... :p and publish some screens !