• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Project Africa for P3Dv4/P3Dv5

Country
france
let's make a List
guys :p

DAAG Algiers = PrealSoft (payware) + BPW Updates*
Algiers City = BPW Scenery
DAAE Bejaia = BPW Scenery
DABC Constantine = NDSoft
DAOO Orna = Elite SIm
DAON Telemcen = RG*
DAUH HassiMessoud = Forgot the guys but i have a link (freeware) ;)
DAOR Bechar = BPW Scenery

Well those were the most popular and stunning sceneries
http://dz.ivao.aero/
this website has many sceneries too

* BPW Scenery is working on a free update for the Payware scenery (kind of partnership) and updating Algiers Airport to how it looks like today as it has changed since 2017, (i'm part of the team so i'll keep you updated when the update is done, working hard every day)
*RG a guy called Riad Ghenim, we're trying to contact him to make an update for his DAON too, i'll help you find a link if you want

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
It's Tunisia's turn next!
Tunis:
2019-7-15_14-55-2-692wyky5.jpg

A little inland:
2019-7-15_14-56-17-65pvkx9.jpg

2019-7-15_14-56-45-71ttkli.jpg

And a bit more south:
2019-7-15_14-58-42-555dklu.jpg

2019-7-15_14-58-51-13ftk5w.jpg

Country
netherlands
Man that's awesome... Really beautiful stuff!
Speaking of Tunisia, are there any good sceneries for Carthage intl Airport? Orientalsim had a rendition, though it's really showing its age and anyway it's no longer on sale. Any other options? I'm not too interested in the various holiday destinations, though.

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Thank you all! For Tunis I also don't know a good scenery... The only one I know in Tunisia is FSDG Djerba...

Oh, I am doing the most with these python files...
- Download satellite data, process them, create landuse shapefiles for ScenProc
- Extract Water and Buildings from satellite and OSM data
- Process all data and split it into small parts to be used by ScenProc
- Writing the spc-files and running scenProc
- Merging the agn Files
- Creation of shapefiles for blend- and watermask
- Running resample.exe...

Last edited:
Country
france
The tool that makes the blend and water
Is it powerfull and how is the blend ? Is it soft edges or does it focus on something

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
@Kelvin Richardson's tool is very powerful in my opinion. Without this tool my whole Germany and Africa project would at least not have been possible.
But Python-Script jus starts this tool, the creation of the water and blend masks makes this tool alone.
I am using an old version (I think the first he released), and was no smoothing possible yet. As far as I know the latest version also supports that.

Kelvin Richardson

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
@Kelvin Richardson's tool is very powerful in my opinion. Without this tool my whole Germany and Africa project would at least not have been possible.
But Python-Script jus starts this tool, the creation of the water and blend masks makes this tool alone.
I am using an old version (I think the first he released), and was no smoothing possible yet. As far as I know the latest version also supports that.
Thanks for the compliment. The latest version of my tool is available at fsdeveloper. I have a couple of bug fixes to make then I will have a newer version.
Your scenery looks great!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Country
france
what the hell :| i think i had problem with my internet
so the problem is that i got an error message saying index out of array

Kelvin Richardson

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
Ah ok, I am yet to add some better error handling but this is generally means an empty folder for the source files for areaearth txt or BMP files. Folders could be empty.

There is a process that clears out out files that are only used by the tool each time you run it as well at the end of each mask run.

Make sure you only have the areaearth txt files and matching BMP files.

Try also checking there are no metada files that do not match the source files.

Let me know how you get on.

You do need to make sure that all folders are set in the json file pointing to the respective folders.

Ill look at putting better error handling in there in future.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk