• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Project Africa for P3Dv4/P3Dv5

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
I have installed your 4 sceneries and loading times are ... "normal": not very more time than before !

Country
france
P3D is a crazy girl, it or she has emotions :p
sometimes it loads normaly and sometimes it takes a random time
i found that running P3D right after PC boot is the best time, or she will be mad at you because you used an other program before her

i mention P3D as a girl cus these type of things can be found only on a jalous girl friend :) that cares about you (P3D cares about your wallet BTW)

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Thank you very much for your feedback!
I noticed longer loading times in the combination with my Africa project.
I think, I also found the reason already, and I will make it better in next part - Egypt!

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hello Mathias,
About your problem le loading Time, I have one question: how many Go of RAM on your PC? Do you have activated a swap file?

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi!
I have 16 GB RAM installed, swap file is deactivated.
During flight all in all about 10 GB are being used, even with heavy addons like AS EGLL, ORBX TE NL, FSLabs A320, and so on...
It seems that it is not a problem of my system, it seems to be really a problem of the photoscenery.
As I said, I think I already found a solution!

Last edited:

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
While Libya is still uploading, I would like to show the first pictures from Egypt today.
But there is one thing I must say beforehand: Even though I have made every effort to implement Egypt well, I must admit that I failed miserably.
The data basis was again clearly worse in Egypt than in the other states, and you can already see that on the pictures.
I myself am not yet satisfied with the result, but I fear that it will not be so easy to improve.

Anyway, here are the pictures:
2019-9-11_8-58-47-625afjiy.jpg

2019-9-11_8-59-2-911hykit.jpg

2019-9-11_9-1-36-528ywjwl.jpg

2019-9-11_9-2-15-451kfjbn.jpg

2019-9-11_9-3-4-2755aka6.jpg

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
While Libya is still uploading, I would like to show the first pictures from Egypt today.
But there is one thing I must say beforehand: Even though I have made every effort to implement Egypt well, I must admit that I failed miserably.
The data basis was again clearly worse in Egypt than in the other states, and you can already see that on the pictures.

One trick that I have used to place buildings in cities where feature detection didn't work so well, was to select all roads and line either side of them with houses, with an argument that they would need to be within a certain distance of a "city". This fills in much of the map, but does require a lot of manual cleaning up and adjusting afterward. Worth a thought if you're having trouble with countries like Egypt.

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Yes, I have already implemented this method in Python, but in the case of Egypt the results were so bad that I omitted the buildings created by it...

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hi,
I am downloading Libya since yesterday 20:00 (during the night I shutdown the PC). It's been a longer operation but right now the archive is slowly decompressing on my dedicated disk. One more hour and I could make a flight over this region ... :p and publish some screens !

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
2019-9-28_18-34-3-6330kjy9.jpg

2019-9-28_18-34-34-414gk6v.jpg

Besides, my Python scripts are still growing...
With Mauritania I introduce 2 improvements:
1. Semi-automatic image corrections to avoid over-illuminated areas (especially in the deserts) by the HDR of the P3D
2. Autogen buildings based only on land use classifications will now be compared with highly accurate population density maps to avoid buildings in uninhabited regions

Last edited:

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Good morning everybody!

Nouakchott:
2019-10-10_7-12-1-647gkkbd.jpg

Further East:
2019-10-10_7-13-37-67uxjx3.jpg

And in the very, very south of Mauritania, near the border to Senegal:
2019-10-10_7-14-52-9210jxx.jpg