• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Project-ENTO Sandefjord - Airport Torp 2020, Norway for P3D v5.

Country
russia
Hi friends! Not so long ago, I started work on this wonderful airport. I don’t know why Torp ... I just walked on Google Earth and accidentally saw it. The airport seemed interesting to me and not so big. It was just for me, since I'm just a novice developer! I started working with ground polygons and want to show the coverage detail close to the real airport. How good or bad it is for you to judge. And ... photo materials on airport buildings are very necessary. Yes, there is a lot of information on the Internet, but in detail I can’t make out many angles, such as a terminal. I would be grateful for any help in providing the material.
And so, what I have done to date ... the work on the coating is not finished, but already in the final stage. Taxi marking lines will also be finalized to the end and corrected in some places. Please do not pay attention to the stock buildings of the airport and non-existing telepaths! I just didn’t delete them so that it would not be boring :)

Annotation 2020-06-01 205619.jpg
Annotation 2020-06-01 205740.jpg
Annotation 2020-06-01 210012.jpg
Annotation 2020-06-01 210625.jpg
Annotation 2020-06-01 210944.jpg
Annotation 2020-06-01 211410.jpg
Annotation 2020-06-01 211430.jpg
Annotation 2020-06-01 212429.jpg
Annotation 2020-06-01 212608.jpg
Annotation 2020-06-01 212818.jpg

Last edited:
Country
spain
They look quite good! The only feedback I got, is that in the last pic those tiles look quite small. I would scale them up a bit more. Use the P3D Avatar as a reference and compare it to how big are those tiles in real life.

Country
russia
They look quite good! The only feedback I got, is that in the last pic those tiles look quite small. I would scale them up a bit more. Use the P3D Avatar as a reference and compare it to how big are those tiles in real life.
I think my paving stones are even bigger than the original in the photo
Wizz Air boarding @ trf (TRF).jpg

Country
france
I think my paving stones are even bigger than the original in the photo

In the pictures they seem to be squares while in your textures they are rectangles

Besode that, the GroundPoly loks Incredible !!!!

Country
spain
I agree with Marc. There is something off about the dimensions. Or it can also be that those tiles textures they look quite flat, but this could be because the Texture is either to bleached out or the lighting scenario in the sim compared to the IRL pic. They also lack depth and look flat. Maybe adding some AO or shadows into them? You just need an AO mask and just put the blending mode in multiply on top of the diffuse. (In case you want this in the diffuse itself and not a separate AO texture) These tiles seem to be actually quite tricky to nail one despite looking simple, so just have some patience trying to nail it. And the rest of your textures do look quite great so keep up the amazing job :)

Country
russia
Thanks guys! I will definitely work on this ... The thing is that the real tile in the photo has a slightly different shape, unlike the tile that I applied.

Country
southafrica
Looking very good, the only thing I can ad is on those large square concrete blocks. The human eye can very quickly pick up a repeating pasterns. I use a shading layer overlay to disguise repeating patterns.

Based on the size of the avatar those paving bricks look fine, maybe ad a shading layer their as well.
Otherwise very good job so far, looking forward to seeing more.

Country
russia
Looking very good, the only thing I can ad is on those large square concrete blocks. The human eye can very quickly pick up a repeating pasterns. I use a shading layer overlay to disguise repeating patterns.

Based on the size of the avatar those paving bricks look fine, maybe ad a shading layer their as well.
Otherwise very good job so far, looking forward to seeing more.
Thank! If you are talking about this large tile, then I took this into account and will not make a lot of variety in its arrangement. And since work on the ground poly has not yet been completed, it will be finalized. I can say that there is no dirt and oil stains on the tiles. And in the original, in my opinion, a similar tiling is present :)
Annotation 2020-06-02 151250.jpg

Country
russia
I agree with Marc. There is something off about the dimensions. Or it can also be that those tiles textures they look quite flat, but this could be because the Texture is either to bleached out or the lighting scenario in the sim compared to the IRL pic. They also lack depth and look flat. Maybe adding some AO or shadows into them? You just need an AO mask and just put the blending mode in multiply on top of the diffuse. (In case you want this in the diffuse itself and not a separate AO texture) These tiles seem to be actually quite tricky to nail one despite looking simple, so just have some patience trying to nail it. And the rest of your textures do look quite great so keep up the amazing job :)
And so, friends ... if I understand you correctly, then a small tile should look voluminous! I tried to do this and am now ready to show you the result. I want to immediately warn that the tile pattern is different from the original, my tile is really a bit elongated. I just picked up a similar to the original and so far temporarily left it.
Annotation 2020-06-03 015237.jpg
Annotation 2020-06-03 015942.jpg
Annotation 2020-06-03 021543.jpg

Country
russia
Can I ask what is the source for the satellite background? It looks nice.
I do not quite understand ... If you are about the screen above your post, then this is a real photo from the Internet. If you are interested in where I get the background, as a basis material, then this is Google’s satellite

Country
unitedkingdom
I do not quite understand ... If you are about the screen above your post, then this is a real photo from the Internet. If you are interested in where I get the background, as a basis material, then this is Google’s satellite
Thanks, I meant the background. Are you using SbuilderX to compile the background bgl or another method?

Country
russia
I did not put off until later and today I made a tile of a similar shape as the original in the photo. I also took into account the comments and made it a little more, for perception to our eye.
Annotation 2020-06-03 225740.jpg
Annotation 2020-06-03 225621.jpg

Country
russia
Amazing :)
can't wait to see more
Thanks! Unfortunately, I do not have much time to create the scenery,
because the main work has begun. Now I will work on the scenery in the evenings,
after a working day. I have not set a deadline for the project, but I will try to work on it regularly.
Although I call it the finale, I still have a lot of work on ground polygons. There are also roads, parking lots
and bus stops on the pre-station square, lawns with grass and flowers, all this also applies to the land. And all this must be done.