Project Finder won't open

Hey y'all. Bit of a minor problem/inconvenience that I know I screwed up myself. Whenever I go to the Project menu and click "Find", I'm no longer able to see the individual projects right away, so instead I have to go to file and "open airport" instead.

I believe the "find" menu is somehow permanently minimized (I minimized it myself once), is there anyway I can maximize it back? It's annoying since I'm in the habit of just going to the project/find tab to open airports. Thanks!!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
To be clear if you go to Projects > Find nothing opens? is there more than one window icon displayed for ADE in the task bar. Some times windows open behind the main window. They shouldn't but.......

This wasn't much of an issue until I opened up ADE again and remembered this problem!

Yup, I click "Find" and a new window does appear to be created, but clicking it doesn't pop up the project menu. It's a bit inconvenient but not the worst. Minimizing things doesn't seem to help either. It was something I did.... I think I myself minimized it, but how to remaximize it!

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello,

One possible way (though I'm not sure) is to try Alt-Tab. It should give you the chance (hopefully) to at least close it or open it to see that particular window.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello...

I wouldn't re-install - did you try to close it through Alt-Tab or just tried to open it? Closing it by clicking on the 'X" in the right-hand corner. Then you should try to open it by normal means.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I am trying to replicate this but without success
  • Selecting Project > Find opens the Find window in front of the main window
  • If I minimize the Find window it minimizes the main window as well - which is what it should do
  • If I close the Find window either from the top X or the Cancel button if closes leaving the main window
  • If I try to close the main window nothing happens since the Find window is forced in front of the main window blocking interaction with it
  • If the Find and Main Windows are minimized on the taskbar then clicking the Find window opens it and the main window with the Find window in front. If I click the main window if comes up with the Find window in front of it as it should.
  • This is all standard windows behaviour and How ADE is designed. It is possible to set things so sub windows open with the main window active but this is not implemented here
  • The only time I have heard of something similar is with folks who have more than one monitor where the child window (Find) appears of a separate monitor to the main window