• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Project Finder won't open

Hey y'all. Bit of a minor problem/inconvenience that I know I screwed up myself. Whenever I go to the Project menu and click "Find", I'm no longer able to see the individual projects right away, so instead I have to go to file and "open airport" instead.

I believe the "find" menu is somehow permanently minimized (I minimized it myself once), is there anyway I can maximize it back? It's annoying since I'm in the habit of just going to the project/find tab to open airports. Thanks!!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
To be clear if you go to Projects > Find nothing opens? is there more than one window icon displayed for ADE in the task bar. Some times windows open behind the main window. They shouldn't but.......

This wasn't much of an issue until I opened up ADE again and remembered this problem!

Yup, I click "Find" and a new window does appear to be created, but clicking it doesn't pop up the project menu. It's a bit inconvenient but not the worst. Minimizing things doesn't seem to help either. It was something I did.... I think I myself minimized it, but how to remaximize it!

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello,

One possible way (though I'm not sure) is to try Alt-Tab. It should give you the chance (hopefully) to at least close it or open it to see that particular window.

Tried that, and while the window for project finder is visible, clicking it brings up nothing.

Maybe a reinstall may work....

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello...

I wouldn't re-install - did you try to close it through Alt-Tab or just tried to open it? Closing it by clicking on the 'X" in the right-hand corner. Then you should try to open it by normal means.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I am trying to replicate this but without success
  • Selecting Project > Find opens the Find window in front of the main window
  • If I minimize the Find window it minimizes the main window as well - which is what it should do
  • If I close the Find window either from the top X or the Cancel button if closes leaving the main window
  • If I try to close the main window nothing happens since the Find window is forced in front of the main window blocking interaction with it
  • If the Find and Main Windows are minimized on the taskbar then clicking the Find window opens it and the main window with the Find window in front. If I click the main window if comes up with the Find window in front of it as it should.
  • This is all standard windows behaviour and How ADE is designed. It is possible to set things so sub windows open with the main window active but this is not implemented here
  • The only time I have heard of something similar is with folks who have more than one monitor where the child window (Find) appears of a separate monitor to the main window

Country
us-tennessee
I have the same problem. About a week ago while the Project List was open > Eg, under Projects > Find, I accidentally pressed RESET . Ever since then when I go to Project>Find ADE locks up. Nothing reacts and
pressing any menu gets a fault Ding. In the Tray at the bottom there is a pop up for FIND but
it does not show up on the main screen. The only way to get out of ADE is with Task Manager.
Reinstalled 1.75, asked it to import Projects et al and the new installation does the same thing.
Do we need to Uninstall ADE and reinstall? Can Projects be saved and then imported into the new install? I've search for info on what the Reset button in the Project List does with no luck.
Thoughts anyone?

Country
us-tennessee
Update. While ADE displays in the main screen, in the tray shows that Projects is open. If you roll over Projects in the Tray a mini-window pops up that is blank. If I right click in this mini-window and select Maximize,
poof ! I get Project Window full screen. I can select a Project, work it, save, compile etc.
But the Project Window only has two modes, Minimized or Full Screen. Hope this is a clue. Thanks.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I can get it to minimize, maximize or go to the intermediate state. I can't get it to minimize behind the main window. The parent of the Find Projects Window is the main window and generally that forces it to display in front of the main window - which it does for me. If I minimize the finder window so it is on the task bar then clicking the entry for it in the tray returns it to the intermediate size state.

I can only think there is some hidden factor for some people that allows this behavior.

Country
us-tennessee
Hmmm. What is the connection with PROJECTS, Find button? Everything works fine until I go looking for a project, then everything locks up. And BTW what does Reset do in the Projects display? Great thanks.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Reset will reset the way that projects are displayed in the Find Window. You can customize things like sort order and column order. It does not reset the list of projects.

Country
us-tennessee
Slightly off topic . . . . The date column shows the last date I worked on a project for every project. I thought I could sort projects by date. Did I miss something in the original set up. BTW a clean install with a new ADE still have the same weird bit with the Projects window. It,s always something . . . .

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
clicking on the column heading shoud sort on that heading. I can't check it at the moment since I am away from my computer.

Country
us-tennessee
All the dates all the way down are the same for every ariport. Displays date of last time any editing was done.
Thanks for looking.