Prop Pitch Audio

I've been checking it out and have a basic understanding of it yet after a few days of messing with it, it doesn't seem to be working. I can only hear changes on RPM change and not on prop pitch change.

It's my understanding the result should be the sample should pitch down at max prop pitch simulating the biting of the prop and that it's mixing between min and max pitch but I've goten no satisfactory results.

I've experimented with stock planes and muted all audio aside from the prop and still the effect eludes me.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

I really don’t know much about the built in sound system, but it would be very easy to make an xml panel gauge that monitors RPM (and MP if req’d) and sets a custom local variable you might be able to read. There are full on sound gauge solutions, like Fr.Bill’s, that could manage the prop pitch sound - independent of the default FSX sound config. Not sure if that has a downside on performance. But like I say it’s not an area I’m that familiar with. But I’d certainly like to see this effect solved – it’s a shame it’s not part of the default.

Danny

Hey thanks for the reply Danny. I found myself a great programmer to work with who has an understanding of audio so in the future I'll have my own lil system worked out.

In the meantime though I did a decent job of faking it for this current project. Thanks again for the reply.