P3D v4 question about ground poly!

Hi folks

I am editing an airport, everything was ok except ground poly stuff, I tried to make concrete stand over asphalt apron, but no luck!.
when I fired up the sim to check my work, that concrete layer it looked like an mirror and some stands did not showed up at all.
I know its an issue related to layers but i did not know how to fix it!
Any help will be appreciated. :)

There are 2 photos of the problem.

Attachments

gadgets

Resource contributor
The two lighter areas I see look normal. Can't comments on the ones I don't see, including the "mirror". However, layers only matter with multiple GPs, i.e, higher-layered polys/lines display over lower layered ones. If all you are doing is placing a GP on an apron, the default layer is fine.

Have you included a flatten? If not, it's likely the missing GPs are displayed on the ground BENEATH the apron.

Don

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi folks

I am editing an airport, everything was ok except ground poly stuff, I tried to make concrete stand over asphalt apron, but no luck!.
when I fired up the sim to check my work, that concrete layer it looked like an mirror and some stands did not showed up at all.
I know its an issue related to layers but i did not know how to fix it!
Any help will be appreciated. :)

There are 2 photos of the problem.
Please do not use bold or capitalization of words in forum posts, They are not necessary and are a distraction

The two lighter areas I see look normal. Can't comments on the ones I don't see, including the "mirror". However, layers only matter with multiple GPs, i.e, higher-layered polys/lines display over lower layered ones. If all you are doing is placing a GP on an apron, the default layer is fine.

Have you included a flatten? If not, it's likely the missing GPs are displayed on the ground BENEATH the apron.

Don
Hi
thanks for your reply.
im not sure if I understand what you said!o_O , but it seems like you did not got my issue.
I attached a file of my airport, so you can see the problem by yourself.

Attachments

gadgets

Resource contributor
but it seems like you did not got my issue.
And I still don't, since the GPs display normally on my system.

Incidentally, since the main GP feature is a parking apron, you should consider responding to the "no shadows" message that is issued every time you compile.

Don

And I still don't, since the GPs display normally on my system.

Incidentally, since the main GP feature is a parking apron, you should consider responding to the "no shadows" message that is issued every time you compile.

Don
Hi again Don

here is a picture shown 2 problems clearly :rolleyes: The first one is the taxiway lines are disappeared , the second one is the shadow are not visible!
any help will be appreciated .

Hamza

Attachments

gadgets

Resource contributor
Taxiway lines will not display over a GP Poly. I don't see your GP lines in the screenshot either. All I can tell you in that regards is, as I said before, the GP lines display normally on my system. You may be experiencing the recently discovered issue that PV4 does not reliably display GPs (see https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/pv4-4-ground-polys-not-displaying.444418/)

the second one is the shadow are not visible!
I addressed this in my previous post. Your GP layers (58-61) are too high for shadows to display. Every time you compile you should be receiving an error message to this effect. Reduce layer number to below (38) I think. (The limit is specified in the error message.)

Don