• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

P3D v4 Questions ?

Just installed P3DV4 and seems it is working good.

Question ;
1 = Do i need a new FSUIPC, i have FSUIPC4

2 = I try to call fuel truck and it tell me there is no fuel truck at this Airport ! but i try different Airport and different parking place and it say the same thing...

3 = i cannot get P3DV4 to connect to ADE 175

Still testing my installation...

Last edited:
To 1 : you must download and install FSUIPC 5 (full install 5.121b, then install update to 5.121c or later). P3D v4 is a 64bits program, and needs 64bits addons
To 2 : Do not know, I am not using that feature... Which airports?
To 3 : Sorry, I do not remember how ADE is connecting to the sim...
Blue skies

Hi Phil;

OK; i download FSUIPC5 and it work good and now i can connect to ADE 175

First to call the fuel truck «shift F» , you must be at a parking spot, and not all airports have fuel.
But i tried at different International Airport that have fuel and it say " no fuel truck at this Airport" !

I created small Airport with fuel and fuel truk taxiway and work good in FSX, but i install the same Airport in P3DV4 and it say " no fuel truck at this Airport " !

Sorry, am not in a position to give any advice on that, as I do not use fuel truck thingy, but it does not work at my side either... Tested KHOU, KSLC, KORD, but no joy!
Amitiés d'un parisien à la belle province!
Philippe

In v 4.1, on a default airport, I can call the fuel truck, get an acknowledge message, and after a while it shows up and does its job. Perhaps try upping scenery complexity and ground vehicle traffic?

Well... Pretty confused now! How did I miss that one?
My Airport Vehicle Density was set to 0... Pushing the cursor to the right did bring the fuel truck...
Thank you for the info
Blue skies

Slowly i'm getting better with P3DV4

One more question;

I've dowloaded a light effect from another site for testing and it work at 50%

when i fly a few nm out and come back eastward it is Ok
but when i fly a few nm out and come back westward the light is off...

I don't know if it is a setting in P3DV4 or a probleme with the light effect.

ScreenShot027.jpg ScreenShot026.jpg

Attachments

More info;

After more days of recherche, i found that the probleme is realated to 2 effect that don't like each other.

It is the effect « fx_LDN_Light.fx» witch is the "Dynamic Lightning" (found here highter) and the effect « Cntrl_KilaueaEruption.fx» witch is the volcano effect.

When i install only the light effect, everything is OK and the light work nice.

But when i put the 2 effects in the same scenery, when i start P3DV4 the light is there but when the volcano start and i change the heading the light dissapear !

Could someone test my effects to see if they have the same probleme ?

Attachments

Last edited:
My probleme with the dynamic light is fixed.:)

Now i'm trying to install a GPWS gauge «callout alt» in heavy aircraft. And was wondering if someone could tell me or show me where to start, or download this gauge.