FSXA RAF Brüggen redu_X

F747fly

Resource contributor
NO WAY! That's the (inactive) air base near Elmpt right?! awsome! I just recognize those hangars... loving it!

Thank's for offer, mate. I'm afraid you will be annoyed by my dragging procedure, but I can use help indeed as follows (both at Brüggen and Gütersloh as well):

- seasonal textures by using SODE
- truly working approach lights (not familiar with Airfield Light Toolbox)

Oh, well, and for sure help with groundpolygons to reduce the progress time. With that I mean taxiways and roads at Brüggen primarily - for grass areas I would use my RAF Gütersloh technique again.

F747fly

Resource contributor
Thank's for offer, mate. I'm afraid you will be annoyed by my dragging procedure, but I can use help indeed as follows (both at Brüggen and Gütersloh as well):

- seasonal textures by using SODE
- truly working approach lights (not familiar with Airfield Light Toolbox)

Oh, well, and for sure help with groundpolygons to reduce the progress time. With that I mean taxiways and roads at Brüggen primarily - for grass areas I would use my RAF Gütersloh technique again.
Okay! Well I've send you a PM :)

Here's an example for two different buildings but same basic structure using the same texture sheet:

The Main Hangar uses the same sheet as the curved hangar above....

...and here half sized and with some other added details one of the big warehouses:

Using this technique, I can save time while designing and performance....

Same here, the fire station

...and one of the center hangars...

Welcome aboard, Paul!!!! That's nice to have an expert here - I never had been there at all, so each hint is much appreaciate! I only have some restrictions in texturizing (because of using same sheets as mentioned above...) When had the new tower part been built? I assumed it had been added around mid 1990? So if earlier, it's no problem to add it. The represented era of the air base is the 1980s - not sure yet if I can use AI Tornados and Phantoms as well (F-4 era was 70s, right?)
That pic provides the basis for the model:

Hi,

does anybody know the correct squadron assignment for RAF Bruggen, please? We have 4 areas and I would like to know how the 4 squadrons exactly were based there:

Okay, got it

GoogleEarth has an option to show fotos, galleries etc. Clicking those options shows the squadrons as follows, to all those who are interested in:

Top left (north west side): 31 Sqn
Top right (north east side): 17 Sqn
Bottom left (south west side): 9 Sqn/earlier 20 Sqn
Bottom right (south east side): 14 Sqn

Thank you all.

I ascertained that creating this huge forest area arount the air base is a challenge. To get an impression of dense vegetation by performance in mind, I used following technique:

Not sure how it will look like when I will go without the photo ground - maybe I have to recreate the big tree planes by adding a third plane with top view trees texture....Let's see....
Here it's shown in the sim:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Those trees are great. I was wondering how it looks from the air from many view angles.
Is the fps better than autogen? I think it is better since less polygons are used.

Last edited: