• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA RAF Brüggen redu_X

Country
germany
Wow - sorry, again such a delay :(
Frits, hopefully, I can manage the approach lights by using the Airfield Lights Toolbox Tool for the appo lights and adding them on wooden poles. Further landmarks are not planned. Watch out for the forest, that's landmark enough from farer distance :p

Currently, I am setting first parkings, just as indication for later Sqadron area objects, for example the blast walls.

Here the first areas (northwest and southeast), just a simple setting :

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Looks great Manfred, can't wait to fly there! Just don't include any trucks on the site, bad memories ;)

Country
germany
Thank you. There'd been a long time without progress, so happy to show it's going on...

Also the 17sqn area to the north east now is taking a step forward....

...and some more buildings take shape...

Country
germany
So good to see you working on this, Manfred!

From mobile hence short

Country
germany
Surprise, surprise - project is not dead!

While having a break at RAF Gütersloh (too hot for small details like putting up traffic signs, digging in fence poles, connecting taxiway spots...) I changed over to RAF Brüggen again. It's much easier to cover the air base with big ground polys to get a proper success (just when it's hot outside....) Here some first impressions....

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I'm not a big fan of military flight simulation. But I'm a fan of good software. Your scenery looks good so far. How should that look until it's done :)

Country
germany
Thank you, Christian. Well, it isn't a military flight simulation - it's the P3D. but it has to get a mention that those days lots of military air bases were part germany during cold war. So to me, showing the years between the 80s and 90s is logical consistent to have military air bases around. To simulate those days without them is a sim without reality to my mind...

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi Manfred.

I understand you well and the idea behind it. I wish you much success and fun creating your scenery :)

Ronald

Resource contributor
But most time consuming work is creating the hard surface polys like concrete and asphalt to make them look real.
Agreed... now look (again) at you screenshots Manfred. It is definitely worth the effort you put into it! .

Ronald

Resource contributor
Nice Manfred!

Q: Are these real 3D volumetric trees you have added to the environment (since they show a for of shade underneath)?

Country
germany
Thank you, Ronald. No, those are shots out of P3Dv4. In P3Dv4, the Alpha Channel shows the true Alpha textures, no more square planes on ground :)...

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi Manfred.

This looks very good! I'm already looking forward to your scenery. Everything fits together here: textures, models and the ground layout:)