• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

READ THIS FIRST: Restriction on distribution of ActiGate

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
At the moment the ActiGate module has not yet been released to the general public. Only the SDK is available for scenery designers. So therefore you are not allowed to upload the module with your scenery at the moment.

I am working on a ZIP file and installer for the end users as well, plus a webpage where they can easily download it. But I think it will cost me about a week to get these ready. You can use this time to read the SDK carefully and implement it in your scenery.

Any feedback about the SDK, the user manual or the module itself are also welcome before we have the release to the general public as well.

Country
germany
Is the upper statement still valid after releasing the VGDS Tweaker?

BTW: Thanks a lot für the VGDS Tweaker! I will use it in the scnerery of EDDS I'm currently working on.

Edit:
:scratchch :scratchch :scratchch I think I misunderstood something ... can anybody explain the difference between the VGDS and the ActiGate?

Last edited:
Country
estonia
Okei i will give it a try
If i have undestood correctly then actigate should be the system that you engage with parkingbrake, and FS chooses the proper animation depending on your aircraft and then it will move towards the door or something.
Arno has explained about it here: http://www.scenerydesign.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1359

VGDS( visual guidance docking system) : lights tell you wheather you are a bit to the left/right or too far/near from the line set down on the ground from a certain position

That came out a bit difficult.

Country
germany
So the VGDS tells the "pilot", where to put the aircraft and ActiGate moves the Jetway finger to the correct position?
VGDS is necessary to get ActiGate to work correctly ... I think, I got it.

Country
estonia
Well yes. But if you have a line on the ground/ or another static mark for example that tells the pilot where to stop , then it is not necessary.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi guys,

Sorry to say, but you completely miss the point here. ActiGate itself has nothing to do with a gate or a docking system.

ActiGate is a module that provides you with some extra variables you can use in your scenery. So it allows the scenery to know about the state of the parking brake or the aircraft type. But that is absolutely all the module does. It has no magic power for a gate or a docking system. The designer will have to add it all himself.

That brings me the VGDS Tweaker. That is basically a collection of a few docking systems scenery designers can use. These docking systems come in two versions, one that provides a basic functionality and another that uses the variables of ActiGate to give more realistic behaviour. So you can also make use of VGDS Tweaker without ActiGate. But if you want to use the full functionality you need to use the ActiGate module as well.

And then to answer the origional question, yes the distribution restriction is still sort of valid. When I origionally wrote this post, I planned to make an installer for the end users as well. But I have changed my mind on that by now, the designer of the scenery will now have to include the DLL in his own distribution. So the designer will have to make sure that his installer does not overwrite newer version that might exist etc. The only thing I need to fix, is the end user documention for ActiGate, so that this can be included with the scenery distribution. So once someone is ready to distribute his scenery that uses ActiGate, I will make sure this documentation is ready as well.

Country
germany
Thanks, Arno!

I'm want to use the VGDS Tweaker with the Actigate functionality in my EDDS scenery. Right now I'm working through the hangars and less important buildings, but in a view days I will be at the terminal and the jetways ...

I plan to have the scenery finished mid of february.

No hurry - I can wait a few weeks ... but if you are ready, I probably will, too :D

In the meantime I will test the VGDS with the actigate.dll on my scenery ...

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Georg,

Having the documentation ready by Februari should be no problem at all. I'll add it to my planning :). Maybe (can't promise anything) an improved version of the DLL will be ready as well by then.

Country
italy
Whoow
this thread comes like parmesan on maccheroni!

Just a few days ago I got a question from Alessandro (ISD)
asking if I'm able to build some code to show/activate
something when it's snowing in Malpensa - LIMC

Of course I answer no, 'cause it was not possible to distribute
your DLL.

So Arno, please confirm it is now possible to change my
answer to ISD - Thankyou

Cheers

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Gianni,

The answer is always yes :D, but there are a few small details for the distribution of the DLL that I need to finish first. As nobody asked for it yet, I never hurried on it (other things got in between etc).

I'll talk with Alessandro about this, the next time I see him online. Just a few days again we discussed the SafeGate docking system that comes with VGDS Tweaker :).

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Restriction removed. Please see the updated section in the SDK about the distribution as well. If any of your designers still have questions, please let me know.