• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Reading the flightplan from a simconnect client

Country
germany
The Simconnect client is up and running. With the Simconnect variables it is possible to read the information for the next and the previous waypoint of the flightplan, the index, an how many waypoints the plan has.

How can I get the information of all waypoints of the flightplan that is loaded to the Simconnect Client. In Panel SDK it was possible with gpsinfo.h and a named_var GPS_INFO_PANEL_VARIABLE_NAME.

Has anyone an idea?

Regards
Michael

Country
england
GPS FLIGHT PLAN WP INDEX - Index of waypoint-
GPS FLIGHT PLAN WP COUNT - Number of waypoints
GPS WP NEXT ID - ID of next GPS waypoint
etc.

Details are in the Variables section of the SDK.

Country
germany
I had wrote in my request, that I can read the index, the number and the next and the previous waypoint, but not the complete waypoint list of the flightplan

jimkeir

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi,

I don't have the SDK docs to hand but off the top of my head I'd say you could get the name of the .FLT file via SimConnect, read the location of the flightplan from that, and then load the flightplan manually. It's a simple XML file. Of course, this wouldn't work on remote machines.

Cheers,
Jim

Country
germany
yes, I also thought about that, but I want to run the client on a second PC, so that this will only work, if I run a second client an the Master PC that gives me the information with a ClientDataDefinition, but there is not defined a string type as DataType. I hope that anyone has information how to read the flight plan direct from the client or has the information that it is impossible, so that I have to do it on other way.

Thank you

Country
us-california
How about determining the waypoint name from the index number?

I found this thread today, and would like to give it some life again. I was browsing the SimConnect Data and located the GPS FLIGHT PLAN WP INDEX, GPS APPROACH APPROACH INDEX, and GPS APPROACH TRANSITION INDEX. Is there a document that equates the index number with a actual nav aid name? For example, KOAK = 000? (I made up the number 000 just as an example). KOAK is Oakland International Airport. The document should also contain the approach, transition, IAF, FAF and missed approuch points.

Thanks!

Country
germany
Hallo, you can use these string variables:

GPS WP_PREV ID - ID of previous GPS waypoint String
GPS WP_NEXT ID - ID of next GPS waypoint String
GPS APPROACH AIRPORT ID - ID of airport String
GPS APPROACH APPROACH ID - ID of approach String
GPS APPROACH TRANSITION ID - ID of approach transition String

Michael