• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Reinstall now no Tools

Country
canada
Had to reinstall my Fsx and my SDK, now no tools, cant seem to find the problem, can anyone see something that I dont
# days and countless reinstalls later same thing every time, but I know its there, just can see the problem.
thanks Murray

[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>]

ADE-report
[*************************************************************************************************
Date of Report: 29/09/2011 1:11:26 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
OS Service Pack: Service Pack 1 (1.0)
OS Version: 6.1.7601 (64 Bit)
OS Language: English (Canada) => separator: '.'
Nodename: SIGNS_WONDERS
ADE installed: no
ADE Path: ADE not found
ADE Install Version: n/a
ADE File Version: n/a
ADE Info: n/a
FXS installed: yes
FSX Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\
FSX Version: 10.0.61472.0 (fsx-sp2.20071210-2023)
FSX Trailing '\' Error: False
FX9 installed: no
FS9 Path: n/a
FS9 Version: n/a
FS9 Trailing '\' Error: False
RTM Simconnect: yes
SP1 Simconnect: yes
SP2 Simconnect: yes
FSX SDK installed: yes
FSX SDK Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\
FSX SDK Trailing '\' Error: False
BGLComp Version: 10.0.61472.0 (fsx-sp2.20071210-2023)
BGLComp >= SP1: yes
Shp2Vec found: yes
.NET 1.1 installed: no
.NET 2.0 installed: yes
.NET 3.0 installed: yes
.NET 3.5 installed: yes
XML3 installed: yes
XML4 installed: yes
XML5 installed: yes
XML6 installed: yes
FSUIPC/FS9 installed: n/a
FSUIPC/FSX installed: 4.728b
Connected to FS9 ok: no
Connected to FSX ok: no]

Attachments

• ADE-Check-Report.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 524
D

Deleted member 1281

No FS Tools that is? In Gmax, Maxscript Tab, Run Script, navigate to scripts\startup and run bootstrap.ms. This may get you the FS Tools tab and you are ready to go. Or it may not in which case the cause lies elsewhere.

On my setup (also Win 7), I sometimes get the FS Tools and sometimes not. I think it is a memory issue, or UAC, or ...

Country
spain
.....<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
----
People say that this installation ( in the c :\ programs files) could make problems I don't know in which manner, I always intall in another Drive like D: drive. but I think they are right.

Last edited:
Country
canada
reinstall no tools

Thanks for the reply Guys
First off I dont have that bootstrap file in my Gmax\scripts\startup . that file is empty.
Second I dont believe it is a Win\x86 problem as this is where it was before the reinstall, and the tool tab was always there. At first I thought it may have been a version problem, but it seems not, althought when I run simconnect it says unknow command version?. This ring any bells for anyone?
Thanks Guys

D

Deleted member 1281

Sorry should have been more explicit. Look here:

c:\Gmax\gamepacks\FSX_GmaxGamePack\scripts\startup\

Country
spain
Important think about the installation of the Sdk, edit the dll file as you did, and the installation of the SP updates, and his order of installation, and the issue of the location of the sdk which seem no to be a problem for you. beyond that don't know which more issues could appear.anyway installation could be complicted but once this work, work pretty well. so patience as with all this stuff.

Country
canada
still no go

Ok Guys I ran the bootstrap program, but didnt make a diff.
Here a part of my Simconect

0.14250 Exe Launched: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\AICarriers\aicarriers.exe"
CommandLine="-nogui" Version="<Unknown>"
0.14310 File not found: Path"C:\Program Files (x86)......\object_placement.dll
0.14327 File not found:.............traffictoolbox.dll
0.14347 File not found .............visualfxtoll.dll

This is why I thought that the version may be wrong, but that checks out in tha ADE report. reran all my config and checked all the dll pathways again. This ones got me. Like you said it ran before so there must be something Im missing or maybe it's Old Age catching up.

Murray:}

GHD

Country
england
Try putting quotes around the paths, eg.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll"

or make it a relative path, eg.

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

or, run the configuration tool:

ConfigSDK.exe (in the SDK folder)

Last edited:

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Quotes should fix the problem. MS/ACES could have made things so much easier had they not used blank spaces in their pathnames!!! :rolleyes:

Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Quotes should fix the problem. MS/ACES could have made things so much easier had they not used blank spaces in their pathnames!!! :rolleyes:

This from the company that created MS-DOS which does not allow filenames or directory names to have spaces in them, go figure! :confused:

Country
canada
Lots of good idea's Guys but still no go.
I still get the same thing with or without quote around the path.
The path was relative before and that didnt work. also running the config in the SDK, has the same result. still no Tools tab in flight sim.... this one is starting to defy logic...lol
Murray

Country
us-california
Hi,

When I originally installed Gold and the SDK I had no problems. I've come across countless posts regarding "no tools" so when I recently installed Gold on a new Win 7 64bit system I paid special attention to where problems could arise. I installed FSX and checked operation and then the SDK; ran ConfigSDK just to be on the safe side and just checked or edited dll.xml to enable the OPT and Tools showed up just fine. Went on to install Acceleration and ran it prior to the new SDK installation. Activated things as needed. Ran the new .exe in accordance with the Wiki on this site and checked and sure enough no Tools. To make a long story short I neglected to run the ".msi". After a lot of head scratching I just happened to notice that I didn't have the new ".chm" file and finally saw the light. Ran the MSI and all was well.

Jim F.

Country
us-california
Hey Golf,

I didn't notice the difference but that wasn't the point of my post. In retrospect I made a huge error while installing but due to an over-abundance of caution I didn't see it. A forest/tree sort of thing. And I certainly wasn't suggesting that he was making a similar error.

Jim F.

Country
canada
Well boys I dont know what to say
Just finish reinstalling again
same old song and dance...everything checks out but no Tool tab
ran the config and checked the dll but no go
and yes George I do have FSUIPC in my addon tabs with my aicarriers
I am total lost now everything that should have worked didnt.....maybe I have a ghost in my machine....lol
So whats my next more Guys I am out of idea's
Lucky

GHD

Country
england
and yes George I do have FSUIPC in my addon tabs with my aicarriers

But there is no mention of AICarriers in the file you posted earlier.

Are you sure you are editing the correct dll.xml? There could be a version in each of the users' documents paths.

D

Deleted member 1281

Would it help if you got a working .ini and Desktop shortcut? If so, I'd be happy to send you mine. Let me know by PM, leaving your email addy.

Edit: you did of course place the Gmax-FSX shortcut on the desktop? And are not running it from the default icon? (Just thought I'd ask)

Country
canada
Ok boys the bug are finally starting to appear
when I ran Bootstrap.msi this morning this is the error message I got

-- Bootstrap script file that will load all other applicable scripts
global FSXGamePackName="FSX_GMaxGamePack"
global FSXSDKLocation = maxUtils.getPluginPath() as stringStream
SDKMarker = findString (FSXSDKLocation as string) FSXGamePackName
FSXSDKLocation = subString (FSXSDKLocation as string) 1 ((SDKMarker - 1) + FSXGamePackName.count)
global FSXScriptRoot=FSXSDKLocation + "\\scripts"

--Setup the usingAcesBuild variable to be false
global usingAcesBuild = false

execute ( openFile ( FSXScriptRoot + "\\FSXMaterial.ms" ) )
execute ( openFile ( FSXScriptRoot + "\\FSXAnimation.ms" ) )
execute ( openFile ( FSXScriptRoot + "\\FSToolsMenu.ms" ) )

does any of this help ring any bells???