• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Released! Marsa Alam, Egypt

Country
germany
Hi all together,

I started work on the airport of Marsa Alam, Egypt a couple of weeks ago. So far the groundpoly is developing well with the terminal also under construction and the tower almost completed.
Here are some early pictures from 3ds Max as I still struggle to get it exported correctly (if you are an expert for this just contact me, maybe we can work together on this task ;-)

Comments are welcome as well as pictures of the airport if you have been there recently...

Marsa_Alam_05_zpsbb4b2ce0.jpg

Marsa_Alam_04_zps2b1b5c60.jpg

Marsa_Alam_03_zps1a7c0e88.jpg

Marsa_Alam_02_zps39ec5897.jpg

Marsa_Alam_01_zps61a70a97.jpg

Have a nice day

Jetman

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Good to see somebody is working on that airport! Keep up the good work. :)

Country
austria
I wanted to know if anybody is informed about this Project.

is it still alive??
is it canceled??

if the Project died, could possible do any other finish it maybe??
maybe Jetman could sent the files he have done already to other developers if he wouldn't do it because Marsa Alam is as i think a very nice Destination :)

thx

Country
lithuania
Any news? I hope this project will be finished. Wanted to land in Marsa Alam long time ago :)

Country
germany
After the "real life" kept me busy I had to quit my development engagement until now.
I restarted the entire project now with improved 3DSmax skills.
Here is what I have completed so far.
Groundpoly:

Terminal:

Staff Houses + ATC:

As in the original post I am still looking for any pictures (especially newer ones) of the airport!
I also have trouble to get the entire thing to my sim so far but hope to sort is out asap (anyone who wants to help me with that is also welcom to contact me!)

Last edited:
Country
germany
High quality stuff right there. I'm excited to see that terminal with textures!

Country
germany
Modelling and texturing of the terminal is almost done. As you can see there are still some elements without textures and extended details around the terminal are still missing (sun shades, hydrants, plants, sidewalk....) but will hopefully be completed after the weekend. At the same time the groundpoly got some additional treatment and is eventually done except for the "sandy background".
I will keep you informed about the progress.

Last edited: