• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Released! Marsa Alam, Egypt

Country
germany
First of all: Thanks for your kind comments!

Work is going on, many things improved over the past weeks.
Here are some images of the ground textures (surounding streets still need some wear and weathering) and the rescue services.
There is still a lot of work to do...at least the groundtexture is almost done as well as the fire station and the terminal itself.
At the moment I am struggling with the export of textures as I use a german version of 3dsMax but only the english version seems to support the exporter...But a solution might be close!

I will keep you informed! have a nice remaining weekend.

Enjoy:

Country
netherlands
That's looking very great!, glad to see, that Egypt is also coming to live in flightsimulator,

Country
germany
Thanks to all for observing the progress and your kind words!

Today just a quick note concerning the current status:
Groundpoly is completely done and already appears beautifully in FSX but still needs some more (minor) adjustments of "glitches" which became visible now after it is finally exported.
All taxiway signs are completed and placed, the terminal is also exported but needs some more attention to detail and some fixing of (minor) problems. The fire station is completely redesigned and awaits its export as well as ATC and a couple of other buildings.
All vegetation surprisingly turned out as pretty nice in the sim which I did not expect for the first attempt before export!

There is still a massive work load ahead, but the project is moving forward every day. So no news to a potential release but be sure everything is done to have it as nice and early as possible!

Maybe some images will follow over the weekend.

Country
germany
WOW! That looks stunning! Although I don't fly to Egypt very often (Actually I've never flown there :D) this is the reason why I will fly there in the future! Keep going!

Country
germany
As promised here are some images from insight the sim. As you can see there is not too much difference between renders and the actual airport in FSX...

More work has to be done for the surroundings of the terminal as well as for the ATC and transparencies are messed up at some places. But this should give you a good first impression!

Have a nice remaining weekend!

Country
germany
HI

I own Sharm El Sheikh of aerosoft for FS2004.

Also Hurghada of Lago, I want to get the Hurghada of simbreeze soon for FS9.

So will you make also a version of Marsa Alam for FS9?

Country
germany
This is another update:
The airport is progressing well! There is still a lot of work to be done, but many buildings and facilities are already showing up in my favour. Although there are first dusk shots, a release is still not "soon". These images are just the result of the placement of some light objects. Most of the buildings still lack any night textures at all, as well as the ground does.
Also there are no ground shadows so far as they will be rendered after all buildings have been completed.

The screenshots are just to show, that work is still in progress. Nevertheless I hope you like them ;-)
If you or someone you know travels to Marsa Alam any time soon, please contact me! I have a couple of questions concerning the current airport development status (and probably some photo request). For example on "Bing" there seems to be kind of a roof in front of the terminal (parking lot) which I have not seen on any pictures so far!

If you can help me with simplified arabic writings your note is also very welcome as I still struggle to get a couple of words to some of the airport signs.

Last edited:
Country
italy
Hi jetman, at The moment I'm in marsa alam On holiday. I will go to the airport on saturday and so i will try to Take some photos for you. A question: will it be payware or freeware and .... Have you estimated an approximative release date? Months? Thank you, mattia