• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Released! Marsa Alam, Egypt

Country
macedonia
Are you making layer per layer, example: runway texture (apply it in 3dsmax/gmax or whatever), over it in different layer put the runway markings and etc.. or all in one, example: runway texture and merge over it the runway lines and apply it ?? thanks

Country
germany
Sorry for no answers or updates lately. I was pretty busy with things aside from scenery design...
Work is now in full swing again!

@Tekica: The groundpoly is done by layering all of the different elements (1. Asphalt, 2. markings, 3. cracks, 4. skidmarks,...)

Country
italy
I really can't wait for Flying there. Airport must be completed more less because Jetman talked about first week of january

Country
germany
Marsa Alam is now turning to final and expecting landing clearance!

Last corrections were made recently. If you compare the sand areas from the last posts and now you can clearly see that I once again improved their appearance. Now I am happy with the tone, the blending and the detail...

More information to follow within the next couple of weeks (or earlier if my free time permits). In the meantime some more pictures of the airport as requested by quite some people:

If you have to enjoy this view your vacation is over ;-) -Airport Entrance-
RMF_neu8_zpsmssnqp6x.jpg

RMF_neu4_zpsmbevhz2i.jpg

RMF_neu3_zpslpf9so7d.jpg

The more fortnuate view -apron as seen during arrival at the gate ;-)

RMF_neu5_zpsblebub87.jpg

RMF_neu6_zps9iicltjb.jpg

RMF_neu7_zpsxtiuigzl.jpg

parked GSE, administration building, fuel depot and parking...
RMF_neu2_zpsf6oq526q.jpg

After sunset -showing the major improvements for lights and night apron
RMF_neu8_zpsbpzxahw9.jpg

Country
germany
Hi Jetman! The Scenery is just madness :) I love the details and the realism of the mediated in your Scenery. I love the North Africa's holiday destinations and hope you make many more like e.g. Hurghada or Enfidha in this impressive quality! :) :) Marsa Alam is purchased in any case on the first day I am really happy it! Keep it up

Country
germany
@Tekica: This is not THIS scenery! The only thing these sceneries have in common is the place ;-)

Country
germany
Thanks a lot for all your kind words!

During the past test flights I once again took some "pictures" of the airport...
I hope you like the atmosphere at Marsa Alam after sunset as much as I do!

Let's start with a daytime image which shows how the scenery blends with FTX:
RMF_entwicklung_overall_zpsgpnd2fkz.jpg
[/URL]

And here we are after sunset:
RMF_entwicklung_dusk6_zps0tor5a3r.jpg

RMF_entwicklung_dusk1_zpslqoyhput.jpg

RMF_entwicklung_dusk3_zpswt3pjtui.jpg

RMF_entwicklung_dusk2_zps7dhk7tgx.jpg

RMF_entwicklung_dusk5_zpse73ya34a.jpg

RMF_entwicklung_dusk4_zpskut4xt6q.jpg
[/URL]

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Looks stunning Jetman! There are quite a lot of interesting models at this airport, as far as I can see you did a very good job on getting them propperly represented in FSX, great architectural models!