• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Removing objects in ADE

Country
us-tennessee
In a freeware scenery there is a static aircraft that I would like to remove as the real static aircraft was recently moved to a different location and I wanted to mimic this move. I do not see this static aircraft in the BGL.
I have added the same static aircraft and was able to move it where it is now located. The original static aircraft does not appear in the ADE. So now, I have both the original static
aircraft and the ones I've added, I have on F-11 too many and I need to remove it somehow. I tried the exclude option and it is still there. I can see my static aircraft I added in ADE.
If I use ADE load static objects, the only ones I see are the two static aircraft I added. Don't know what method was used to add the circled static aircraft, perhaps whisplacer or some such.

This is for P3D V5.3 HF2

The static aircraft were once gate guards and have been repurposed.

image001.jpg

Interested in any suggestion on how to remove the one static aircraft (circled)

I have the AD4 file if needed.

Thanks,

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You can try using a small exclusion rectangle centered on the static aircraft object and set to exclude all. This may do the trick.

Country
us-tennessee
I tried to respond with the conversation option and not sure how to "follow" it. So I will post here as well. The object I want to remove doesn't show is ADE; Yet is does in P3D5 How it was added I know not.
Here is an overhead shot (P3D V5.3) of the area that shows the one static aircraft I wanted to remove. I have tried to add exclusions in that area and had no luck. Perhaps I didn't do something correctly.
I am also attaching the ad4 file for that scenery. I don't know how to find that conversation I started earlier so its floating around here some where. I hope I can find it again.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• KNQA_ADEP5_IJD.ad4
    88.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Country
france
No scenery guru here, but possibly mention which freeware scenery you are working on?
Some scenery developers do include into their package pure objects bgl's, and/or placement only bgl's. As far as I could find, ADE can not read these bgl's, when they do not contain airports.
Possibly this static aircraft is placed by an other bgl than the AD file.
Hope this might help... ;)

Country
us-tennessee
No scenery guru here, but possibly mention which freeware scenery you are working on?
Some scenery developers do include into their package pure objects bgl's, and/or placement only bgl's. As far as I could find, ADE can not read these bgl's, when they do not contain airports.
Possibly this static aircraft is placed by an other bgl than the AD file.
Hope this might help... ;)
KNQA - Millington -

Country
us-tennessee
This scenery was originally done for me by an acquaintance that passed away a few years ago. It was not compatible for P3D V5 so another person helped in converting it to where it would work in P3DV5.
I cannot contact the person who made some of the changes.

Last edited:
Country
france
Anything else in the KNQA scenery than the KNQA_ADEP5_IJP.bgl? I see no hangars, control tower, or other scenery objects in the ad4 file...

Country
france
The static aircraft you want to remore is part of KNQA_lib.bgl.
However, I do not know where placement of this f11static object is located.
Possibly KNQA.bgl to be reworked to exclude the included f11static, and keep the other objects.
Hope this helps

Country
us-tennessee
Thanks for giving me the clue as to what file the F-11 was in. It also contained the gas station sign. I was about to ask if you knew how to separate the two obj file inside that bgl.

For now I have the sign back and the spare F-11 is gone. Is there a way to add a bgl to to ADE? That KNQA_lib.bgl had two obj files inside it, one was the sign and the other was the F-11.
Capture.JPG

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I am travelling and will not be able to look at this for a couple of days. However I will say that the bgl file that contains the exclusion rectangle needs to load after the bgl file containing the static aircraft placement otherwise it will definitely not work.

This article explains how the order of loading of bgl files affects what you see

Country
france
I did use ModelConverterX to check content of various files.
KNQA_lib.bgl in fact contains 2 x watertowers, 1 x windsock, 1 x animated US flag, the static F11, a flagpole and the Philips sign on top of a pole.
However, I am just a barefoot with ModelConverterX and have even less than basic knowledge with this software.
I have not yet tried to remove an object from a "multi-objects" bgl, but have already "exported" objects (which will give a mdl file) that I recompiled into an individual bgl, but I have never included placement into such object bgl, only using manual placing into ADE.

Country
france
A huge barefoot moment...
Just found the solution with this post on AVSIM forum!
One more step in my microscopic knowledge about MCX!

Or

Bob Scott

Posted May 23, 2019
In ModelConverterX, on the second line just to the right of the green back/forward arrows is an icon for the scenery objects editor. Click on that, it opens a list of the objects in the bgl, and allows you to add or remove objects. Remove the jetway objects in the editor, then export it back out as an FSX bgl file.
Regards

Unquote

Except that here, you will remove the f11static object, and export the scenery back out as a P3D v4.4 bgl file

It works OK on my P3D5 latest opus...

Country
us-tennessee
I tried that suggestion and it works for me. Something else I have learned about MCX.

Thanks for the info.

Country
us-tennessee
I am travelling and will not be able to look at this for a couple of days. However I will say that the bgl file that contains the exclusion rectangle needs to load after the bgl file containing the static aircraft placement otherwise it will definitely not work.

This article explains how the order of loading of bgl files affects what you see

The problem has been solved for me. Thanks anyway Jon.