• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Removing Runway and Taxiway under image

Country
australia
I might be losing it….
The runways and taxiways in my airport (2wayedit is on) shows the underlying markings that I don’t seem to be able to remove. I’ve added aprons over the top and coloured them (and correct priority) but whilst they have “dulled” them, they’re still visible. Could it be Photographic mode (or whatever it’s called from the Options menu) in MSFS options or something I’m totally missing?
Obviously ADE shows nothing underlying but Dev mode and compiled (from both) shows it through.
Any thoughts?

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
If the problem is photogrammetry, you might be able to remove it with a polygon using exclude TIN. A quick way to check might be to turn off photogrammetry in MSFS' options.

I've got the same problem at KCRP Corpus Christi, that you commented on earlier. The TIN exclude doesn't help, I still get bleed through in aprons and runway objects from the poorly rendered underlying scenery. Worse yet, it appears my problem is a sawtooth pattern between two different satellite images with different gamma or saturation. Just happens to be my home base LOL.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
KCRP is a photogrammetry bug in the sim. I think I sent it to the zendesk. You could send it as well, so maybe it gets some attention.

Country
australia
Dick, I turned off the photogrammetry (overall) but it made no difference and honestly, that would require all users to do the same. I then tried a few polys as suggested turning off TIN and again, nothing. I then turned off "Bing Data World Graphics" and that made some difference but the comparison below between the richness with it on against without is great and it doesn't really remove everything anyway. That solution too would require all users to disable the option.

OFF
ON

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Hi Philip. ZIp the project and attach it. It might just be a bug in the sim.

Country
australia
Hi Dick and thanks. It's by no means finished and there are plenty of aprons over aprons here and there. I've only attached the source. It uses default scenery except for a couple included. This is the DEV copy which is essentially the same as the ADE 2way version and both show the same result.
While we're at it, I noticed with interest your comments regarding Helipad textures ( https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/helipads.450491/#post-886082 )
I was wondering if you know how to modify the Parking spot numbers - by default they use Black on yellow (See Gate 41)
1626569792995.png

but I want Yellow on Black.
1626569966748.png

That texture appears in the Base_Materials but there doesn't seem to be anyway to select it or change it. Using your method would I assume change it for EVERY airport (assuming I could do it that way) which I don't want to do. Any thoughts?
The other thing is the parking space numbers appear to only allow Numeric. So how would I get 41A in Gate G for example?
1626570212244.png

Attachments

• YMML_Melbourne_Backup.zip
    1 MB · Views: 77
Country
unitedstates
OMG... :eek: :laughing:
Yes it is....
Solved and my thanks. How did you know that?
Actually, I like the effect given by ground merging since it makes the asphalt look more like it does in real life, but I realize that numbers, lines or parked aircraft tend to bleed through sometimes requiring some doctoring with patches.