• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Removing/Surpress an Stock Airport

Hi

I am a beginner with the ADE 1.78 / 1.79 and hope to solve a problem here.
EDJA / Allgäu, now a civil airport, is a former NATO airfield (ETSM Memmingen Air Base) which I want to bring back to life as a NATO Air Base in P3DV4.5.
So I roughly recreated ETSM Memmingen Airbase and compiled it into P3DV4.5. In addition to the newly created ETSM / Memmingen AB, the original Stock Airport EDJA / Allgäu then appears in P3DV4.5. ... and I can't get this EDJA / Allgäu away. With Exclude I can suppress the buildings, textures, etc., but not the runway and the taxiways.
If I delete the P3DV4.5 original scenery files, where EDJA is written, "APX50140.bgl" & "OBX50140.bgl" the EDJA/Allgäu scenery is gone...
I have already tried the FAQ help "How I Remove A Stock Airport" - unfortunately that did not lead to success ...

What am I doing wrong?

Greetings and thanks in advance, Martin

tgibson

Resource contributor
Using ADE did you remove everything from the Stock EDJA (buildings, runway, taxiways, etc.) and compile that to the same folder as your ETSM files? You should probably not remove the APX and OBX files since they contain more than one airport (typically).

Hi

It was not clear to me about the APX / OBX file ... Thanks for the tip.
With the function to remove the "Stock Airport" am I already on the right track ?! I will work through it again in a concentrated manner to definitely rule out an error here.

Greetings & thanks for the help, Martin

Hi Tom
Perfect, it works now ... So the right way was the function "Remove A Stock Airport".
My mistake was that I deleted data in the Raw Data View. I interpreted that wrong!

By deleting the APX / OBX files at the beginning, I wanted to see whether a 3rd party addon is still loading. But since there was no airport afterwards, I knew that the error was in my operation of the ADE ...

Thank you for the help
Regards, Martin