• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Resellers stop using PayPal for payments

Country
italy
Subject
What do community think about it?
Personally never had problem with paypal, potentially this change may guide to some problems
Cheers

RicherSims

Resource contributor
Country
dominica

Simmarket has decided to drop PayPal and use only bank transfers due to what they describe as them being difficult to work with to the point of "being arrogant and humiliating".

I await to see how this will affect my payments before forming an opinion.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Simmarket has decided to drop PayPal and use only bank transfers due to what they describe as them being difficult to work with to the point of "being arrogant and humiliating".

I await to see how this will affect my payments before forming an opinion.
Someone is being difficult to work with. I am trying to imagine a company that is "arrogant, or humiliating." One simple fact of the matter is that Paypal entertains disputes, Simmarket does not.

ARE ORDERS FOR DIRECT DOWNLOAD PRODUCTS REFUNDABLE?
No, you have no legal grounds for a refund due to the nature of the goods, they are not returnable. To avoid abuse we do not offer any refund for intagible goods.
https://secure.simmarket.com/faq.php

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I stop using PayPal years ago. They asked us to pay for converting currency too much. I asked Simmarket to do directly money transfer which is cheaper.

Paypal is the main payment method in my own store, plus bank transfer for locals. It is certainly easy to use, and the customers don't seem to have issues. I'm aware that some vendors have issues, though. They have improved over the years, and it's been a while since I had any issues. They have increased some fees recently, plus they've started to charge for personal transfers. At the moment my son pays my rent via Paypal, and until recently this didn't incur fees, now it does. I'm happy to continue using Paypal in my store.
It will be interesting to see what happens next month when SimMarket pay me via bank transfer.

Country
italy
Yeah, indeed
Also we have to keep in mind that " Payments effected only after total amount has accrued to over 100 Euro "

Well, Paypall is banned in my country (Turkey) and can't be used for some years now , I forgot how it was :(

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany

Oh, okay.

I wonder if I could make a direct bank transfer, without any third party involved, when buying something from them. :laughing:

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
No problem for me :)

Do not buy at Simmarket, but always directly from the manufacturer. Sometimes with credit card times via PayPal. PayPal is indispensable for me, they have a well-functioning buyer protection. Even if the fees are/were increased, I will continue to use Paypal. So let's not be so petty about a few euros or dollars. The employees of Paypal have to live on something.. And yes, the kids of the Paypal staff want to have everything a Yale, Stanford and Co graduate. It's not for free:rotfl:

Oh, okay.

I wonder if I could make a direct bank transfer, without any third party involved, when buying something from them. :laughing:
And I wish I could do the same without using Paypal that wants to know all my particulars I am not ready to give. My credit card should suffice (and so goes for trying to make a contribution to FSDeveloper made impossible because of this site wanting to make it through Paypal!).

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
What other information does PayPal want? I have given them no more than my credit card number and they are fine with that, so far.

Country
us-arizona
Well I hope things improve. Everyone but one business I know of use PP. If SimMarket stop using it also, I will be bummed out. I hate transfers. Instant transfer is where its at.

Country
us-ohio
I have never had to enter that to purchase something with my credit card via Paypal.

Oops, sorry. No gender but expiration date.
Paypal.jpg

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
And I wish I could do the same without using Paypal that wants to know all my particulars I am not ready to give.
Paypal is essentially a loan organization. Money is actually a tangible good, like pork bellies, or cotton and it doesn't just fly around the globe at the flick of a switch.

"Well I'm not going to create my virtual worthiness for someone to drool over, unless I get paid in my lifetime." So in steps PayPal, "We'll cover that transaction and keep the economy flowing and to keep transactional costs-through-loss down, we're going to need an added layer of security, which some vendors might interpret as 'arrogant,' or 'humiliating.'"

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
In the near future, we might be able to cut " the middle man" by using block chain technology. I once got a international phone call from Paypal asking what was the source of payment that I got. I sent them the link of my scenery in Simmarket and Fsdeveloper. That is why I use the same avatar so they can link what I am doing. I don't blame them. They have to do their job to prevent money laundary. Someone might interpret that is humiliating.

Last edited:

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Block chain is an entirely different kettle of fish, as it inherently provides the security the money lenders up-charge you for.