• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 RESOLVED: 3D Grass - no matter what I am doing - shadows always remain...

Country
germany
Hi all,

thought I new all issues meanwhile, but here's another brain-teaser...

I designed a small 3D-Grass area for my air base infield. I ticked "no shadows" = true in MCX and also I ticked "no shadows" in ADE while placing the model. But no matter what I am doing, the shadows remain.
Is there anybody else knowing this phenomenon? The grass looks fine, but the shadows expose the planes. Appreciate all hints....

Country
germany
Thank you, ALain.
Yes, I did, but no success. Got a hint by "Kolibri" that 'no shadow flagged content' in P3Dv4 menu has to be unchecked. So far, I thought it has to be checked to show all my other shadows which have to be shown.

Or ask differently, several objects I designed for both, FSX and P3D, which I prepared without shadows (trees primarily) will always be shown WITH shadows if the option 'no shadow flagged content' is checked?

That would be bad because if so, I had to rework all vegetation and make two versions, one for FSX and one for P3D....

Country
germany
Okay, guys, issue solved.

What happened?

I planned to design only one model (trees, grass) for use in both sims, FSX and P3Dv4. These models I made WITOUT shadows to let the FSX models not showing the ugly square shadows on the ground when using enabled shadows in the FSX options.
Using the same models, those without shadows, in P3Dv4 while 'no shadow flagged content' ticked, my trees appear fine (even without added shadows....) but also my grass - no matter, what I did!
According to Kolibri's hint, 'no shadow flagged content' has to be ticked in any case for getting well shadows appear.
So in this case, I have to swallow the pill and have to design two trees/grass versions for FSX and P3Dv4 each.

Anyway, thank you very much!