• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX [RESOLVED]Problem of importing .mgp file with the latest MCX versions

Country
france
Hello,

If I use an MCX 1.4 version of November 2018 the import of an .mgp file is correct (the saved layers appear correctly).

If I use a version 1.4 of March 2019 the import of an .mgp file
imports the saved coordinates but the layer setting is not imported (all layers remain at '8').

Has something been changed?

Thanks in advance,

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

On the 16th of November I fixed a bug about the layers not being restored correctly from the mgp file.

This fix should not have backwards compatibility issues, but maybe you can try if saving the mgp file first with the new version fixes your problem on reading it?

Country
france
I understood in the new version the file names must be lowercase.

before that he recorded in capital letters.

Would you be able to correct that?

Country
france
Here is a comparison of the two files

Before he automatically recorded the names of the files in capital letters.

Now it records in lower case if the source is tiny.

Attachments

• MGP_vs_MGP.zip
    874 bytes · Views: 166
Last edited:
Country
france
Is it possible that during the import
of the .mgp file that is case insensitive upper / lower case?

Thank you

Country
france
For those who will have the same problem as me,
when you want to import your old '.mgp' in the last
versions ModelConverterX 1.4 and that your layers are not taken into account:

Just change the case of the "layers" lines in the .mgp file

1-Open with Wordpad.
2-Select the "layers".
3- SHIFT + F3 to change to lowercase or uppercase.
4-Save.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Sorry, missed the notifications. I'll modify the importer so that it's not case sensitive anymore.

Country
france
Hi Arno,

Thanks a lot for the upcoming change :)
And thank you for continuing to develop MCX

Good flights,