• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Restrict aircraft type at parking spots

Hi all, I'm working on a seaplane base so would like to only have the icon spawn in parking spaces. Does anyone know how to do this? I've tried setting an atc parking code in the icon's config file, and then setting the taxiway parking object's airline code to the code specified in the icon's config, but it's not working. Other types of planes are still spawning in the parking spaces. Is this not supported in the sdk yet? I could just manually place the planes but I'd like it to be a little more dynamic.

Thanks for any tips!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
There is an option to add manufacturer to the parking spot as well as airline code. Whether it works or not is another matter

There is an option to add manufacturer to the parking spot as well as airline code. Whether it works or not is another matter
I think I've tried the airline code option. Just used "GA" as the code. So unless it has to be a real life code I don't think that is working. I'll try the manufacturer name though, I didn't know about that.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This is in ADE

1621193669191.png

Select the parking spot and note the Attribute ManufacturerNames. The issue is that I don't know what codes are expected for manufacturers or whether MSFS will honor the values

According to the sdk website the code should be the manufacturer code in the ICAO official database that they link to. That info is under the aircraft config page but I assume it would be the same codes. But I don't know whether MSFS will honor the codes either. I'll try and test it out.

Country
finland
It seems that airlinerCodes is (partially?) implemented but not the ManufacturerNames. I have made some experiments, and found that the airlinerCodes added manually to the parkings in the xml will remain in the xml when loading/saving, but the ManufacturerNames just disappear. The airlinerCodes is mentioned in the current SDK, but not the ManufacturerNames. I can still not confirm that the codes really work. According to the SDK the ICAO airliner codes should be used.

I have also not been able to stop small GA planes from spawning in the RAMP_GA_LARGE parkings (one of my airports has three large parkings and a couple of cargo parkings that should be dedicated to airliners only. You should never see a Pitts or a Cessna in those parkings but they do spawn there...

Last edited:
Country
finland
I have also not been able to stop small GA planes from spawning in the RAMP_GA_LARGE parkings (one of my airports has three large parkings and a couple of cargo parkings that should be dedicated to airliners only. You should never see a Pitts or a Cessna in those parkings but they do spawn there...
We would need someting like a "Minimum wingspan radius" added to the parkings...

Country
finland
The newest SDK documentation says about the entry airlineCodes in the definitions for TaxiwayParkings:
"This is a comma separated list of airline codes that can use this parking spot. This text should match the strings entered for the atc_parking_codes entry in the aircraft configuration file. To maintain compatibility, the for airlines should be used. ". (I suppose the last sentence should read "the ICAO-code for airlines should be used"). ManufacturerName is not mentioned, nor is the ICAO_manufacturer that exists in the aircraft.cfg.

Looking around in the aircraft.cfg files I can not find a single plane or livery that has the atc_parking_codes defined so matching of airlines and parking spots does not currently work!

I wonder if this also could be used to eg. stop small GA planes to spawn at large parkings and big GA planes to spawn on Ultralight airstrips...? If we would have a standard atc_airline_code like GU for ultras, GS for small GA planes, GM for medium sized GA planes, GG for gliders and GH for helicopters. Then ICAO codes for all airlines... And finally define the suitable codes for our small parkings...?

Country
canada
Looking around in the aircraft.cfg files I can not find a single plane or livery that has the atc_parking_codes defined so matching of airlines and parking spots does not currently work!
AIG just released an open beta for their traffic, all the airlines included in it have parking codes. And I have seen limited working of it on the few third parties that have added parking codes.