• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Ron "Ickie" Larson

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Sim Outhouse has posted the sad news that Ickie died on December 23rd. He was the operating backbone of the site and has headed the site for some years with good humour and good-natured expertise, although it was an over-confident hacker or troll that tried to get the better of him at any time. As always, he had planned ahead and the team to take over the reins was organised, trained and ready before he left us.

Ron's contributions to the FS community and to civilised behaviour online leave us in his debt. He'll be sorely missed.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

PS: seen the average age of us FS addicts, expect worse to come soon:eek:!

Country
australia
:(

I am extremely saddened by this news which I read earlier today at Sim Outhouse. Ron will be missed by many.

Thanks for that link to his site Dick. I am sitting here listening to the tracks as I type, and I have really mixed feelings. I am so grateful to be hearing this truly wonderful music, but sad that it's the first time I have heard it and that it's now after Ickie has gone. At least his spirit will live on in many ways.

Last edited:

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
I hadn't made it to SOH yet in my daily round of forum diving, but we at SOH have been sitting on pins and needles since hearing nothing from him since just before Christmas. We new he had a very aggressive tumor on his left lung and he had just undergone his second round of chemotherapy.

This indeed very sad news.

Country
us-california
Blue skies and tailwinds Ickie.
My heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends.

Gary