FSXA Rotate to User with a separation plane?

Hi all,

I asked this question a few months ago, but it was tacked on at the end of another thread and I think it got missed.

I'm trying to defeat the limitations of the BGL_Light when used for runway lights. Here's what I want to do:

Create two small planes, each with a light plume (like the halo.bmp), and have them rotate to the user. I've got that hooked up okay, but now I need to combine a separation plane in order to be able to control which plane gets displayed (and thus which color light is seen) depending on the viewing angle.

That's where I'm stuck. I don't know where the separation plane should go.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nick

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Nick,

That should be possible. You might even be able to use the same rotate to user call, just put the switch on the material used around the code where the polygon is drawn using the SEPARATION_PLANE command.

Thanks Arno,

Good to know that it's at least thoeretically possible.

I'm not that astute when it comes coding, and the extent of my knowledge is limited to things like tweaking layer numbers, and adding the occasional separation plane.

Is there a chance that someone might be able to post an example of what the code might look like to do what you described?

Thanks.

Nick

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Do you have an example of the code you want to tweak? Then I can made the changes to it.