Rotate to user?

I can't seem to make rotate to user work. add new condition for my mdl, chose rotate to user; apply, save. FS9- brought it up- spacebar to face north,just in case I'm supposed to. Made sure Instant Scenery was at zero degrees. Even though I would slide the slide bar for hdg, my object still spun around which I don't think should happen. Back into FS9, object won't rotate to user.

I repeated the above, using _temp.asm file for the object. The results were the same. I'm missing something somewhere? Bob

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Did you use FSDS to make the object? In that case I think it is due to the use of transformations by FSDS where they should not be used. Best advice is to export as X file and run manually through MakeMDL, while you make sure the optimize option is on. For some reason FSDS turns that option of which makes the code not so good.

Arno- Thank you. I've done this before without the above process. That's why I wondered why I couldn't do it now. Yes. FSDS 3.0 But then odds things happen all the time. Ya never know. Bob

Arno- Just now exported as x file. mdlT gives me the option only to see mdl files. I don't know what to do from here. Also... optimize? I don't see that in mdlT or FSDS. What is that and where?
Bob

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Bob,

When you start MakeMDL manually you get the option to load your X file. On the scenery option tap there should also be an option to optimize (by default that is on already). Now just start the export process and MakeMDL should make a MDL file for you.