• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender Round edges

I have my poly hangar all sorted but I'm not really happy with the way the top edges of the front and back of the hangar meet with the roof. I'm sure that I have seen somewhere how to give the edge a rounder appearance. I've attached a screenshot so you can see what I'm on about

Attachments

• polyhangaredge.jpg
    polyhangaredge.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 105
Country
us-texas
Right click and it's towards the bottom-middle of the menu called "Shade Smooth".
If you want to smooth only the edge and not the texture itself, then you might try a modifier like Bevel or Subsurface. Bevel is probably the next thing to try if Shade Smooth does not produce the wanted results.

Last edited:
I’ve tried both those but nothing changes. I’m wondering if it’s because the model is basically a cylinder that I cut in half? The front and back of the hangar being the top and bottom?

Country
us-texas
Smooth shading will change it in the final output, it is never the same looking from what I've seen. You might not notice the difference in the editor depending on your current view mode (hence Material vs. whatever), though I can usually tell in Material preview. Try Bevel I guess, not sure if those do not work. That is the standard thing to do.

Country
unitedstates
Beautiful model. I appreciate your desire for perfection but, darn, it looks good to me!

Are you trying to fix the darker edit below the roof line in the front of the model? If you modeled the cover using the cloth simulation, you may need to increase your subdivisions. I agree with the other poster that bevel may help.