• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Runway doesn t disappear

Country
france
I ve got a problem with AFCAD FS2004 the WA default airport s very far from the right location approximately 250km and the default runway doesn t disappear it disappear when i put the other runway near the default location but if i move the airport to the right location the old runway respawn Somebody knows what to do ? Thanks

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

This is a know problem, you can not move the airport too far from its origional location. I think the only way around this would be to tweak the default BGL files, which is not a very nice thing to do in general.

Country
brazil
Hi,

If the two airports are really too far one from another (250 km), just create a new in AFCAD, with the same ICAO code.

The two will appear in FS9, but you give a different name to the yours so you can select it.

The old one will continue to exists, but it is too far to create problems.

I would do that.

There is also the possibility to create an exclude for the old one and load a fake, to make it become hidden, but it is too far... Who cares?

Regards,

José

Country
france
I spent several hours trying to find a solution it seems that in this case it s impossible to remove the old runway each time the game detects several same ICAO it gives priority to default airport and the old runway respawn in this case floating in air :) what i ve done i ve created an AFCAD for the new runway placed one specimen in addon scenery/scenery and one in World/scenery (so that when select the airport menu i go to the right airport) and to fix the old runway floating in the air problem i ve modified the AP947280.bgl file (where s located the airport) with JABbgl the author of the soft have already created good softs like JAB04 and i don t think this handling ll harm the game . As soon i finished this post i put the file at AVSIM

Country
france
Hi , there was a problem with the upload at AVSIM if you want the good version please download it at Flightsim (DGLW.zip) i forgot to include a file i ve uploaded rather quickly the good file but the other was already online and as the good version was already at Flightsim i asked AVSIM library persons in charge to remove the file

Country
us-hawaii
JABbgl works OK as long as the airport is above sea level. The problem if different authors want to modify the same default AP9 file, there is no way to coordinate multiple changes for the end user.

scott s.