• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Runway holding position Issue

Country
taiwan
Hello everyone, how many meters does the Runway holding position and the runway not exceed?
I designed the actual situation, The Runway holding position and the runway are about 478 meters long, but I can't receive the tower channel, I have to move to the red line area to receive the channel, But this has left the Runway holding position, Can this be solved?
Sorry, I English not good

Attachments

• holding 2.JPG
    holding 2.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 105

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

First, go to the View menu in ADE and click on Hold Short Node Limits to make them visible. To allow takeoff clearance, the relevant red hold short circles must be touching the ADE runway surface.

Country
taiwan
Hi Tgibson,

I checked it. Unfortunately, I didn't touch the runway. Is there a way to increase the touch range? Because the truth is like this.

Attachments

• holding position 1.JPG
    holding position 1.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 183

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
And it must be touching the actual runway - the chevron marked overrun area is not counted as runway (but displaced threshold are counted).

Country
newzealand
you could even try this by putting the taxiway on a steeper angle like EGKK, in the stock FSX EGKK the hold short is not touching the runway and works ok, do a search for EGKK to find a thread about hold shorts
i have many airports that work perfectly well without a single hold short touching the runway

Attachments

• egkk.JPG
    egkk.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Country
newzealand
I'm not the only one Tom,
Craig Scott had my version of ZBAA with the new runway 1/19 working perfectly without a single hold Short touching the runway on any of the taxiways the that are attached to that runway
Aces managed it with EDKK and another airport that i can put my finger on at the moment
without getting into a debate I'm just saying it is possible to do

Country
taiwan
Thank you very much for everybody reply. It seems that I can only move away from the real situation and move the waiting area forward.