FSX Runway Strobes

I'm trying to add strobes to the runway ends at MKJP as they are in life. I tryed to do this before and they wouldn't take. What strobe I'm adding is the SALS. Am I doing something wrong or is there an exclude at this airport?
Thanks .....

I'm trying to add strobes to the runway ends at MKJP as they are in life. I tryed to do this before and they wouldn't take. What strobe I'm adding is the SALS. Am I doing something wrong or is there an exclude at this airport?
Thanks .....

Hi Joe and welcome

SALS strobes only turn on when the airport is IMC. Set visibility to 3 miles or less and you will see them.

Jim ... just did that. I set it for 3 miles and for 5 miles and they show. Strobes at 3 miles and just plain lights at 5 mi.
First shot is at 5 miles ...... Second is at 3 miles. I'll try to think about what I doing in the future. It has been a while since I have done scenery and I'm a little crusty with it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Jim ... just did that. I set it for 3 miles and for 5 miles and they show. Strobes at 3 miles and just plain lights at 5 mi.
First shot is at 5 miles ...... Second is at 3 miles. I'll try to think about what I doing in the future. It has been a while since I have done scenery and I'm a little crusty with it.
Just to be sure we are saying the same thing.

1. SALS Approach lights will come on at dusk or during the day if the airport is IMC.

2. If you add some Approach strobe lights (leadin high intensity lighting) they will only come on if the airport is IMC (day or night).

MKJP has SALS on the rwy 30 with no strobes. Rwy 12 has SALS with stobes but I don't know how many you need to set. I added 10 in the ADE strobe box for my test.