FSXA SAA (South American Airports) Chilean Volcanoes Pack FSX/P3D All

Otavio Bonomi

Resource contributor
Chile is an exuberantly beautiful country and also one of the regions with the most active volcanoes in the world, mixing beauty and fear.
For this project I chose the region of the lakes, especially the city of Puerto Montt for having the aerodromes closest to the Volcanoes.
Divided into 3 packs, but it is only a fraction of the majestic in the area.
VULCÁN CALBUCO SCTE.jpg

Pack 1 - Contains volcano Calbuco photoreal geothermal effect with Internacional Airport Tepual SCTE.(159.1MB)
Download Pack1 Mega link https://mega.nz/#!7LI3SajL!d6XG6vQ6goDntYc6oYfvsMQPW8oO5LFkE-LQG-Ts4XU

Pack 2 - Contains Puerto Montt City photoreal with Osorno volcano geothermal effect plus Aerodrome La Paloma SCPF.(155.4MB)
Download Pack2 Mega link https://mega.nz/#!eLRRQaiI!5zBnegydulW4Suh2qU7LB75nlewEabdLuvTGjX6fI8I

Attachments

Last edited:
Chile is an exuberantly beautiful country and also one of the regions with the most active volcanoes in the world, mixing beauty and fear.
For this project I chose the region of the lakes, especially the city of Puerto Montt for having the aerodromes closest to the Volcanoes.
Divided into 2 packs, but it is only a fraction of the majestic in the area.
View attachment 42734

Pack 1 - Contains volcano Calbuco photoreal geothermal effect with Internacional Airport Tepual SCTE.(159.1MB)
Download Pack1 Mega link https://mega.nz/#!7LI3SajL!d6XG6vQ6goDntYc6oYfvsMQPW8oO5LFkE-LQG-Ts4XU

Pack 2 - Contains Puerto Montt City photoreal with Osorno volcano geothermal effect plus Aerodrome La Paloma SCPF.(155.4MB)
Download Pack2 Mega link https://mega.nz/#!eLRRQaiI!5zBnegydulW4Suh2qU7LB75nlewEabdLuvTGjX6fI8I
This looks great! The Osorno is the classic schoolbook vulcano. I was at a point thinking about doing Puert Montt airport myself. I have been there several times and have a bunch of pictures if at any point you think about an update.
Henrik

Otavio Bonomi

Resource contributor
Hi Henrik, I always need reference pictures that show more details from the outside of the airport, but seen from the runway side, because that's where Google map never shows. With a good reference I can create textures with a great level of details because the idea is not to use the image as texture but to guide me in creating the correct texture.

Next project I am not decided yet but the biggest candidate is Coihaique, Aisén with that huge stone next door or continue the idea of volcanoes.

https://www.google.com.br/maps/@-45...LspptmPJzXf6ENBAQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=pt-BR

Chile, Coihaique, Aisén.jpg

Last edited:

Otavio Bonomi

Resource contributor
The next step of the project will be the beautiful Carriel Sur International Airport in the region of Concepción. With modern and old lines forming their architecture, it will be difficult to reproduce.

Concepcion Project tma.jpg

This attempt was not good, I confess, it was as close as I could get.
Concepcion Project blender.jpg

In these buildings I made a combination between model with groundpolygon. It usually works.

Concepcion Project blender twr.jpg

I´ve chosen to make most part of the airport background by ADE and just a few pieces with groundpolygon.

Concepcion Project.jpg

Good suggestions and opinions are welcome.

As soon as I finish, I'll leave the link for you to test, as usual.

Otavio Bonomi

Resource contributor
Thanks Kaezon,
SCIE is almost ready,
I'm finishing the Concepcion Shopping center and it will soon be here in the post for testing.
(It looks more like the Star wars millennium Falcon than a mall hhhhh.)
The most important is that it was made to see when flying over it. The ceiling is more detailed than the rest of the building.

1534112858601.png

Balmaceda and punta arenas are good suggestions, I will analyze if I am able to reproduce. thanks again for the suggestion.

Otavio Bonomi

Resource contributor
Yes it runs on all versions of P3D and FSX.
I can share with you if you want test it,
I have not posted it yet because the ground polygons around the taxi way are not symmetrical.
So to fix it you will have to upgrade when it is officially posted.

Concepcion taxi way issue Chile .jpg

Otavio Bonomi

Resource contributor
I sent you the temporary version and as soon as I post the final here (surely in this week), you just have to subscribe the folders to refresh.
I could fix the polygons only last night and took the time to put enough autogen, it must solve the photorealistic plane sensation.
I'm just doing the last check.

It was not perfect but more symmetrical than before.
polygon fixed.jpg

City Autogen
annotator.jpg

It should look this way.
Consecepcion final.jpg

Otavio Bonomi

Resource contributor
Sorry, busy week.
As you suggested, I am doing balmaceda, check the progress.
Next step may be Nazca in Peru, but it depends on a photorealist that leaves the lines and designs very striking.

Balmaceda parking lot Ground polygon, Balmaceda fire dep. Building
Balmaceda buildings.jpg

I do not know yet but next ambitious step can be Nazca lines and local airport.
Nazca Lines.jpg

Last edited: