• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Saab 340B MSFS2020, self training

Country
unitedkingdom
Can get a bit frustrating when trying to do something new, but feels good when you manage to do it. It's looking really good so far. Can I make a suggestion, it would probably be better to UV Map the doors (Passenger & Cargo) with the fuselage so that when the fuselage is painted that any stripes or logos will be aligned, also it may help to map the tail along with the rear fuselage section.
Keep up the good work.:)

Country
netherlands
Can get a bit frustrating when trying to do something new, but feels good when you manage to do it. It's looking really good so far. Can I make a suggestion, it would probably be better to UV Map the doors (Passenger & Cargo) with the fuselage so that when the fuselage is painted that any stripes or logos will be aligned, also it may help to map the tail along with the rear fuselage section.
Keep up the good work.:)
Thanks Paul! I was actually not thinking of that, that will be another challenge. I want the quality to be as high as it can be. I can join the textures together. :)

Country
netherlands
@PaulJC I've added the doors now in the same UV so it can align correctly.

Also added some more details.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 228
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 233
Country
colombia
OMG!! I absolutely love this aircraft, your model looks absolutely stunning!! I would love to put my dirty hands on it once it is finished!! PLEASE DO NOT QUIT THIS PROJECT!! we have been waiting for a SF34 for MSFS for too long now! there is a company named Nextgen Simulations which is supposedly working on a SF34 but it's taking forever!! I dont know if you already have them but I have a full copy of the AOM (Aircraft Operations Manual) and AFM (Airplane Flight Manual) for the Saab 340B that I would gladly share with you, they have absolutely everything you need if you want to take this to the highest level of detail! System descriptions down to the last pixel, performance data, normal procedures, tests and all you can imagine! Damn I am so exited already!!! Hahahahaha!!! I will attache some screenshots so you can check them out.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 79
  • AUTOFLIGHT 2.JPG
    AUTOFLIGHT 2.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 83
  • AUTOFLIGHT.JPG
    AUTOFLIGHT.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 76
  • USB CONNECTOR AND TABLET BASE.JPG
    USB CONNECTOR AND TABLET BASE.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Country
colombia
Hey, just wanted to share some videoa of the Saab 340 so you can see and hear sounds, systems etc etc!!

Hope this can help in some way!! Really looking forward to see the results of your efforts!

Best of luck!!

Last edited:
Country
netherlands
Hey, just wanted to share some videoa of the Saab 340 so you can see and hear sounds, systems etc etc!!

Hope this can help in some way!! Really looking forward to see the results of your efforts!

Best of luck!!
Hey Jorge,

Thanks for the info and motivation! I try my best to keep the ball rolling. Doing this work after work hours haha. :)

Country
colombia
Hey Jorge,

Thanks for the info and motivation! I try my best to keep the ball rolling. Doing this work after work hours haha. :)
Yes, I know how that goes! work is a huge obstacle to hobbies hahahaha!!

here is a link with the documents I mentioned before, it includes the AOM, AFM, KNS-660 pilot-s guide and UNS-1 fms manuals.

That's gonna be a lot of reading!

Enjoy!