• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Saarlouis-Duren EDRJ

A

Aviasim

Please read,

This is the development/showroom thread for my next WIP, Saarlouis-Duren EDRJ.

So far, it features:
Aerial Imagery
Fully custom ground polygons
Smoothe and jaggered edges of runway, taxiway and apron
Grass edging
PAPI Lights
Very high detailed models of airport buildings
Thats the features so far, obviously there will be a lot more features as I go through development. At this time I do already have a lot of ideas in my mind for cool features, but they will go un-mentioned because I dont want to probably let you all down in the future and say that an earlier feature mentioned isnt in the scenery.

About the screenshot, this is at the far east side of the apron in a Katana. The buildings you see that are fully textured are complete, I just need to do the 3ds max render to texture to spruce it up a bit.

Abit of work left to do in the front of this bar, chairs, plant pots, dog bowls, texturing of fence etc.

Then to the left you see the 50% textures building which is the largest in this Airfield.

Each building uses a texture sheet of 2048x2048 and saved as a 32bit BMP. There are no frame rate hits what so ever, and what is shown in the screenshot is probably the 2 largest things in this airfield.

prevedrj.jpg

A nice little GA airfield in Germany with an interesting surrounding and an interestign glideslope of 3.5 degrees!

Regards, feedback, comments, constructive criticism is welcome.

A

Aviasim

Hi, thanks for the nice words, the imagery is from TerraServer, it is out of date which is why the ground textures have no alpha channels and fully custom, also which is why I am using severel layers for dirt, cracks etc

A

Aviasim

PAPI Lights

Hello everyone!

Here is a little update for EDRJ Saarlouis-Duren, this is just the PAPI lights. Three preview shots today, one of the ground.

So far, we have jaggered edges for taxiway and runway edges, grass edging, ground "noise"... there is also different specular levels for the ground paint such as runway numbers, threshold, centreline, taxiway lines and hold short signs, also a specular and the tyre marks, this gives a very nice effect when you catch the sun and camera view in the "good" position. Enough rabitting on, heres the shots:

adf.jpg

cgjh.jpg

ef.jpg

Regards!

A

Aviasim

Car Park WIP

Hello!

bv.jpg

Need to add vegetation now!, give it a bit of blend and add the road.. hence WIP

A

Aviasim

Thank You Air Holland.

- BREAK -

I have another little update, this time with a twist. It is the car park area again, but with vegetation, 2 different views, 2 versions.. one version of each using ENB Series

ano.jpg

ayes.jpg

gno.jpg

gyes.jpg

What You think?

Regards!

Country
unitedkingdom
Fantastic work Darren!

Can I ask about the cars?

Were the textures hand made or photo-real? I like your style of editing the photos aswell.

A

Aviasim

Car textures are from photos yes, bit of tweaking done by the hand though, but 95% photo-textures.

These pictures have not been edited, only the very faint black shadowing thing around the edges of the picture.. I was using ENB Series to get them shots.

A

Aviasim

I presume this scenery is for FSX and wil there be a fs9 version aswel

This is FS9.

An FSX version may come, but not yet, we already have plans for our next airport which will again be FS9 and then hopefully start on FSX once my system is good enough to run it.

Country
netherlands
Thats great wil this be a freeware or payware sceney
And do you have also have plans to make a scenery of Lasham in the UK

A

Aviasim

Thats great wil this be a freeware or payware sceney
And do you have also have plans to make a scenery of Lasham in the UK

Payware.

No idea for any airports in the UK apart from Leicester EGBG but that has been put on hold. However, we are making plans on doing St. Louis as our next scenery.

Country
unitedkingdom
brilliant work designed there aviasim love the car park and cars, the tress and ground look very realistic! does that car park area have lights or is just just plain?

Thanks,
Blake