• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Saarlouis-Duren EDRJ

A

Aviasim

brilliant work designed there aviasim love the car park and cars, the tress and ground look very realistic! does that car park area have lights or is just just plain?

Thanks,
Blake

Thanks Blake.

There is no lamp-posts around this part, but there are lights on the wall of the building white building. Lighting will be BGL.

A

Aviasim

Update

Hello, here is a quick update with preview screenshot. The main control tower has been re-modelled today and textured with alpha channels on the windows to see all the bits and bobs inside, the only thing I need to do is to now rotate this control tower 180 degrees so when the virtual ATC's sit down, they are facing the runway, and not the hangar roof.

This terminal is now complete, I just need to texture the main gates and thats the largest building of this scenery complete... gates, fences around this part is to come which I will be starting after I finish writing this.

prevterm.jpg

You like? the only problem is the alpha channel, can't look through the windows to see my aircraft but I think this is not so much of a big issue.

Regards

A

Aviasim

More shots on the finally finished textured building at EDRJ. This is the largest building in the airport so progress from this point will rocket. Just got the very easy but also very tedius tasks left to do.

BUT, things will be going a little slow now whilst we wait for some pictures on the other little buildings so we can texture them, because they are modelled.

What you think?

asdfghj.jpg

asdfg.jpg

No ENBSeries today.

Regards

A

Aviasim

The ground, has been through a whole lot of tweaking, infact, all ground polys have been re-compiled with a few changes, also a few polys added.

In this screenshot, the intersection has been re-done... before, the user would of had to make a turn to continue to the other side of the taxiline, which isnt like that in the real airport - it is now fixed.
The taxilines near the holdshort have been cut just before and after the holdshort marking, again, how it is in the real world.
fdshgdsfh.jpg

This shot, just shows the dirt/oil/wet on the apron...
sdfsdf.jpg

Ground is complete. Awaiting pictures still to texture the remaining few buildings

A

Aviasim

Release of Aviasim Saarlouis-Duren

Hi,

The final parts to texture at EDRJ have not yet been textured due to lack of photos for the new buildings at EDRJ. If all goes to plan, we should have this photos by this Sunday. If we do get these photos by Sunday, immediate full pace work will begin to get Saarlouis-Duren released for the 15th of January.

Like I said "if all goes to plan". This is not a deffinate release date, it is approximate.

It will be available on SimMarket and perhaps a few more add-on sites - our website is still in the works and is not yet safe to hold your details - just being honest!

Stay tuned on this thread now if you are interested in this scenery as there will be alot of important information being posted.

Regards
Darren.S / Aviasim Fndr

A

Aviasim

Sadly, we have not yet got these photos to texture and model the final few small buildings. We have fixed everything now and updated it all etcetera and now the project is going into a hold (since there is nothing to do) until we get them pictures. Then full steam ahead until release, ofcourse, I can not give even an approximate release date. But I will keep you all informed.

I will get a few pictures of the airport at its current state.

Sorry about this

A

Aviasim

The purpose of these shots is the vegetation, I am aware of that little problem, which will be fixed.

EDRJ1.jpg

EDRJ2.jpg

EDRJ3.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
Hello Darren.
Very nice indeed.May I ask a question?is Your leicester scenery published by uk2000?I havent imformation about your prewious project sory and thanks for information.

Best wishes.
Joan

Country
germany
Great work so far. But I guess it woul dbe nicer to put some vary in the hight of trees. Right now it looks pretty much licke a flat haircut. I've never seen in nature trees growing exact the same hight?! :)

Just my two cents...besides that: GREAT!!! Keep going...

greets,

Demon

Country
luxembourg
Just my two cents...besides that: GREAT!!!

Hey Demon, thanks that you like. Indeed when you mentioned this, I realized this aswell. However we have redone the whole vegetation so now it looks indeed a lot different, however I will consider your opinion and make a little variation in the size. Thanks for pointing this out! Would have surely forgot this...:idea:

A

Aviasim

Hello Darren.
Very nice indeed.May I ask a question?is Your leicester scenery published by uk2000?I havent imformation about your prewious project sory and thanks for information.

Best wishes.
Joan

No no no no, Leicester will not be published by UK2000!

All our products will be designed and publish by ourself and most probably via SimMarket

Country
germany
New EDRJ RL pics

Hello Darren,

my name is Immanuel, a friend of Kevin and I am the guy who made the pictures of the real thing.
Was at the airport again yesterday and took 139 more pictures of new and/or changed objects. So for example the Pub "Fliegerklause" is painted all new (bright white with red windows, doors and fences). Took also pictures of the new hangars, the new fuel station and "Paratech". They gave me an walkie talkie and let me go everywhere I want - even on the runway although there was a lot of traffic yesterday and in adition to that the German "Luftwaffe" was training the dropping of Paratroopers 300 meters over the airfield with an old Transall airplane.

The chief in the tower offered me a ride in a Cessna within the next week if more aireal pictures were needed.

So just let me know. :)

Best regards and please excuse my bad English. I learned it in school but that was long time ago,

Immanuel

Last edited:
A

Aviasim

Hi, thanks for all the pictures, without them this airport wouldn't be getting built by Aviasim.

I will make all changes and updates ASAP but a bit busy with Dublin EIDW ATM.

Regards

A

Aviasim

Here are some new pictures of Saarlouis.

This is pre-release...meaning that this may be released sometime this week. However, the only thing holding the release up now is the website. www.aviasim.co.uk is no longer out website. We have a new website which is not yet active, so you will not be able to go on it yet. The site is www.aviasimdesigns.com. Just waiting for the payment to get clear, then the website should be active on the 2nd or 3rd, then I will be adding a Forum and probably a very very basic layout. I just want a forum so users can report their issues etc through their.

Picture time:
pre.jpg

pre1.jpg

pre2.jpg

Regards, let me know what you think!