• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Safedock and Actigate in FSX

Country
spain
I am trying to put VGDS systems in my FSX airport. I used VGDS_tweaker and got a mdl file. I have tested it in FS9 and it works perfectly, but I'm not able to put in in FSX. I'm using Airport design editor, and try to create a model, but when I import the mdl file, it has no GUID number and I suspect that's the problem.
Is there another way to place the model in my scenery?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

You can use the models in FSX, but you need to place them with the FS2004 BGLComp, since they are FS2004 MDL files.

I don't know if ADE can handle that mix, else you need to make a separate XML placement file for those models.

But be aware, the more complex ActiGate functions do not work in FSX. So only the basic non-ActiGate docking systems will work.

Country
spain
Maybe this is a basic question, but, how do I make an XML placement file? Or, somewhere I can find instructions for that?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
You could also use an object placement tool for it. Do you have any such tool already? Like whisplacer or instant scenery or obplacer XML (last one is for fs2004 only).

What I would do is put the mdl files in a fs2004 library. You can do that with library creator XML. And then you can reference that library from a placement tool or even by writing some XML code yourself.

Country
spain
Thanks, Arno. I have used obplacer XML, imported the mdl file, written the coordinates and other data and created a bgl, which I have put in the scenery folder of my airport in FSX and it works perfectly.