• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Samui International Airport

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
This is an island in southern part of Thailand called Samui, Surat Thani.
In this paradise island, there is a small and the only one airport. It has been voted for the top ten airport hosted by www.smarttravelasia.com (http://www.smarttravelasia.com/travelpoll.htm)

It is very beautiful and I can capture only 10-20% of the charm for flight sim user. Please take a look. The project has been done about 30%.

The gate is a lounge sitting among flowers, trees in the tropical garden. Lotus pond is around you to enhance security, preventing passenger enter to the prohibited zone. It is a so called "Tropical Paradise", isn't it?

VTSM01.jpg

Small buses will pick you up at this point and lead you to the parking ramps to get on board.

VTSM02.jpg

The parking bays.
VTSM03.jpg

Garden on the ramp.

VTSM04.jpg

The whole picture of the airport.

VTSM05.jpg

The whole island has been done to correct the shore line as much as possible and landclass, roads, rivershave been built. You can take a tour around the island on GA small airplane.

VTSM06.jpg

Country
denmark
wow this is great work Jtanabodee

really love these small airports. especially Hua Hin airport. seems like the same type.

are you releasing this as payware?

Country
unitedstates
It looks nice scenery. Can you tell me what airport code it is?

Where do I find download? Is it payware or freeware go to flightsim or avsim library someday?

Thanks,

Stuart

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
It will be a payware at a small price, I guess. Since I have to buy satellite image at a price. This area is tropical so you can expect a lot of rain and clouds. Not easy to get satellite image with clear sky.

Country
unitedkingdom
It will be a payware at a small price, I guess. Since I have to buy satellite image at a price. This area is tropical so you can expect a lot of rain and clouds. Not easy to get satellite image with clear sky.

Looking good indeed.What do you think about a payware Phuket?

Thanks

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I got all MDL files from Prasong already and trying to convert to FSX by Mdlconverter. Hope it works. But it needs some time.

Country
france
Jtanabodee, hello !

Can you ask Po if its Hanoi scenery is going to be made for FSX ?

I know it is trivial question but we really miss asian airports.

Same question for Samui of course.

More and more people are asking for FSX versions.. Maybe there are some reasons now, considering new PC configurations.

Mason,

Country
australia
Great work. Looks like a few more buildings have been built now. When I was there last (2004) it was just two of those little huts !

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Check In Buildings and flowers.

checkin4.jpg

This is the bus that get passenger on board.

tramv.jpg

Quite difficult to get the garden look good in flightsim.

vtsmgarden.jpg

vtsmgarden02.jpg

Any suggestions on the garden and plants in flightsim are welcome.

Shadow behind the sign is a fake one but I think it look pretty good.

vtsm05.jpg

Last edited:
Country
netherlands
NIce pictures tic :) Seems to be they giving some wrong information on simflight.nl regarding the FSX version of samui

Keep up the good work