• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SAS.planet how to create photoreal for FSX

Country
unitedstates
a pleasure to greet you friends, I write to ask you a question about the SAS.planet program I want to use it to do some photoreal for FSX but I really do not know how to do them. maybe if any of you had some basic tutorial on how to do it and I wanted to share it I would appreciate it. have a happy day.

Country
switzerland
a pleasure to greet you friends, I write to ask you a question about the SAS.planet program I want to use it to do some photoreal for FSX but I really do not know how to do them. maybe if any of you had some basic tutorial on how to do it and I wanted to share it I would appreciate it. have a happy day.
Hi Billy

The accompanied document might be able to give you some starting help.

Kind regards from Switzerland

Conrad

Attachments

• FSDeveloper - ADE Background Images Tutorial ().pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 400

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
The attached tutorial is a technique for adding background images to ADE files that are used for reference purposes and not compiled to final scenery. However, it appears the SAS Planet application can be configured to output a file that can be dropped directly onto resample.exe and be compiled into scenery.

Country
switzerland
The attached tutorial is a technique for adding background images to ADE files that are used for reference purposes and not compiled to final scenery. However, it appears the SAS Planet application can be configured to output a file that can be dropped directly onto resample.exe and be compiled into scenery.
Rick you are completely right, the Placemark Manager within SAS.Planet provides great functionalities, something which was missing in GoogleEarth! But still, you need to process the exported KML-files via FSX_KML in order to assign the correct FSX (P3D) Tags!

Conrad

Country
unitedkingdom
If you are not aiming to sell the package and will either release it as a freeware or keep it to yourself (Fair Use) then you can also check out my tutorial on FSEarthTiles and see if that helps you in making your scenery come true.

Country
us-illinois
Last edited:

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
FSEarthTiles is discontinued, no longer supported and not available anywhere currently. The links at F-BMPL aren't where you way they are but when found they are dead anyway. If you have a source, you should post it and make a new video.

Great, leave it to Gary to link another dead linked tutorial by the same guy that wrote this one. Any excuse to double space cross post, I get it.

Country
unitedkingdom
FSEarthTiles is discontinued, no longer supported and not available anywhere currently. The links at F-BMPL aren't where you way they are but when found they are dead anyway. If you have a source, you should post it and make a new video.
I'll have to check that. Yes the add-on is discontinued, but from my end it appears that the site is all up and running with the download link still working.
http://www.f-bmpl.com/files/fset-103.rar

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Yes, that link appears to download the software. It is likely the only source as I searched pretty thoroughly, including at Sourceforge.

Country
us-illinois
One can indeed still use the 'second' link for download on the web page (...where only the first official link URL is "dead"). ;)

http://www.f-bmpl.com/index.php/faites-le-vous-meme/209-2-installation-de-fsearthtiles-1-3

I N S T A L L A T I O N

1- installer FRAMEWORK 2.0 sur sa bécane (voir dans ton ajout/suppr de programmes si vous l'avez ou pas)

2- si vous ne l'avez pas, téléchargez ICI et installez le.

3- télécharger FsEarthTile 1.3, LIEN OFFICIEL - si lien indisponible, je vous mets sur mon site un LIEN DE SECOURS<-

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
switzerland
Good day gentlemens

I have been experimenting during easter time. The Experiment had the theme: "SAS.Planet as Substitute for GoogleEarth for FSEarthTiles". Yes it can :wizard: My test results you find in the Attachement. I also included some translations from the French-site pertaining to defining paths and Polygons for FSEarthTiles!

Conrad

Attachments

• SAS.Planet Tests.pdf
    552.9 KB · Views: 1,868
  • SAS.Planet Tests.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Country
switzerland
Good day gentlemens

I have made a thoroughly testing with FSEarthTiles V1.03 and the Vector Graphics Program "Inkscape" because FSEarthTile and Inkscape can work together in order to define any masks, consult the Manual for FSEarthTile.
Diverse People reported, that Inkscape and FSEarthTile do not cooperate anymore. I found the reason! Beginning from Inkscape Version 0.4.7 something must have changed in the Inkscape SVG-syntax, because FSEarthTile (in fact ist partner "FSEarthMask") reports an SVG parsing error.
With Inkscape 0.4.6 and any previous versions, this did not happen. Following is a method how you can do some testing of the FSEarthMask function without running always FSEarthTile.

1. Take the SVG file (Areaxxxxxx.svg) and drag it onto the Inkscape icon/exe.
    It should automatical load the Areaxxxxxxx.bmp file as background if it is still in it's original work folder. Edit and save it.
    (if you changed the Areaxxxxx.bmp file location you can consider to open .svg file with wordpad and search for the bmp file and edit the path)

2. Take the AreaEarthInfo file (AreaEarthInfoxxxxxxxx.txt) and drag it onto the FSEarthMasks icon/exe.
    This will generate the Masks again and overwrite the old one. Precondition it's all still in the work folder like on creation.
    If not either recreate that folder and put the files there or edit the file paths in AreaEarthInfo file (with notepad)

3. Take the AreaFSXMasksInfo file (AreaFSXMasksInfoxxxxxxxxx.inf) File and drag it onto the resampleFSXSP2.exe
    This will generate the BGL and store it right into the scenery folder that you selected in FSET when you first generated the scenery.
    Here again if you changed the file location you need to adapt the .inf file wird notepad.
Shortcuts for Drag&Drop operations.jpg

The Thumbnail does not change. Water is not drawn in the thumbnail. The Thumbnail is generated by FSET out of the Areaxxxx.bmp only once.

Well you see if all is still in the same working folder it's simple 3 times drag and drop. If its stored at a different place you either have to
recreate the conditions during scenery creation (create work folder copy all you want to recompile there) or edit the file paths in the 3 'information' files: Area.svg, AreaEarthInfo.txt, AreaFSXMasksInfo.inf
This description above works with FSET v0.9 and later only!

P.s: Something to add: For point 1) you can also simple double click the .svg file to open it with inkscape if the .svg ending is bound to Inkscape on your system (should be the case). But the other 2 you have to drag drop.

The above mentioned trick is from the author of FSEarthTile HB-100, so credit goes to him for this tip!

By the way, you can download older Versions of Inkscape from here:

https://inkscape.org/en/release/0.92.3/

Conrad

Last edited:
Country
switzerland
Please note: The documents mentioned above "SAS.Planet Tests.pdf" and "SAS.Planet Tests.zip" have been revised. They document that it is possible to edit path's and polygon's with GoogleEarth, which was not so obvious to me and a lot of other users.

Regards

Conrad

Country
unitedstates
If you are not aiming to sell the package and will either release it as a freeware or keep it to yourself (Fair Use) then you can also check out my tutorial on FSEarthTiles and see if that helps you in making your scenery come true.
thank you very much friend

Country
unitedstates
is for my use and clear to share it with my friends

is for my use and clear to share it with my friends