• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Sattelite imagery [Photoreal] diffrences issue

Country
algeria
Hi all
I'm about to start making a photomap scenery
im facing a probleme with imagery color diffrences and cloudy parts >>>
1.JPG

Is there any way to buy a clean sat imagery server or a good image editor to fix this ?? thanx :)

A

Aviasim

If this is commercial I would definately go for a paid image provider - you will probably get clean imagery at a much higher res as well.. I see your Google watermarks everywhere.

However, A bit of photoshop colour matching wouldn't hurt

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
For any scenery you distribute, commercial or freeware, you need to find or buy imagery that you are allowed to distribute. Using snapshots from Google Earth is not allowed.

In some regions cloud free imagery is hard to find, but it can help to compare different years of capture.

To minimize colour differences it's best to use images that have been captured at the same time.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Ha, this is typical and based on the content, I would guess it is in a part of the world that has nominal coverage, meaning outside the contiguous 48 United States. It is entirely likely that Google has licensed the only available imagery to run through their browser - trust me, much of Kuwait is this way and if that is Sinai Peninsula, maybe? You'll have similar coverage and in that case you are going to have to get used to matching the patchwork collage of provided images.
It might be better to enhance and extract the details as a layer and apply that layer over a hand drawn background. In this way to can retain the authentic characteristics of an area and more accurately represent it as you intended.

Country
algeria
Thanks guys :wave:
i just need to know where can i buy a google sattelite image provider please
;)

Country
us-florida
I have bought imagery from Harris Geospatial for the United States, but I am pretty sure they do other countries as well.

Country
algeria
I have bought imagery from Harris Geospatial for the United States, but I am pretty sure they do other countries as well.
thanks caleb i contacted them im waiting answers hope they can provide a wide surfaces clean imagery for algeria that dont need editing

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
If you look in Google Earth you can typically see from which provider they got their imagery. So that's a good starting point.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
DigitalGlobe.jpg

You can look at the bottom of Google Earth (even in Google Map that you open via web browser). There is an "©" sign indicate who hold the copyright of this satellite photo. Then you just Google that name (in this case, search for Digital Globe) and contact them. In my country there is a sale representative that I need to contact them in my language (which is very convenient). If there is no sale rep. you can contact them directly.
I have been purchasing a number of satellite photos and I think it worth the money. They will correct those color miss match, contrast, brightness for you. I used to do those and I think it is not easy to correct the photos to be seamless.

Country
algeria
If you look in Google Earth you can typically see from which provider they got their imagery. So that's a good starting point.
View attachment 43744
You can look at the bottom of Google Earth (even in Google Map that you open via web browser). There is an "©" sign indicate who hold the copyright of this satellite photo. Then you just Google that name (in this case, search for Digital Globe) and contact them. In my country there is a sale representative that I need to contact them in my language (which is very convenient). If there is no sale rep. you can contact them directly.
I have been purchasing a number of satellite photos and I think it worth the money. They will correct those color miss match, contrast, brightness for you. I used to do those and I think it is not easy to correct the photos to be seamless.

thanks for your help i contacted digital globe i hope they ll answer
do they sell direct images in jpg/ bmp format or a dll servers ??

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Typically you will get geo-referenced Geotiff files. But they can be read like normal TIFF images in any graphical editor.