SBuilder Installation Help!

Hello everyone. I am trying to get SBuilder to install on my computer but when I run the SBuilder.exe in the archive I unzipped it to, named 'SBuilder', it says,

"Run-time error '339':

Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly

I know this question has been answered so many times before but it all sounds too complicated for me. so could someone be kind enough to explain this in simple terms or just tell me if I need to download this file and if so where I can download it. Any help is as always appreciated.

Happy Flying,
RB

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the replies. Dick, when I tried to install the package you linked to, it told me that I needed to have Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 SP6 Product installed. I then installed Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 SP6 to a desktop folder and double clicked it to run it. It did something but I don't know what, and it hasn't seemed to do a lot. I may be missing something very simple here but I don't know what it is.

As for 'NoNewMessages', I have already tried moving the file to the other folder and it didn't work.

Happy Flying,
RB

rhumbaflappy

Staff member
Resource contributor
Hi RB.

Sorry for the wrong advice. You'll need to have comdlg32.ocx and tabctl32.ocx present and registered on your computer.

I'm attaching a zip file that should do the trick. It contains the 2 files, and a batch file that can be run to register the OCX files. The OCX files should be copied to the Windows\SysWOW64 folder for a 64-bit operating system or Windows\System32 folder for a 32-bit operating system. I believe the batchfile can just be double-clicked after the OCX files are copied to the right directory.

Let us know if this works... and what is your operating system? Windows7 or Windows8? 64-bit?

Dick

Attachments

The problem is the path is not specified in the bat file.

Try this, copy the register.bat to the SysWOW64 folder and run it from there.

cheers,
Lane

rhumbaflappy

Staff member
Resource contributor
You might try moving them to the Windows\System32 folder and run the batch file from there... Grasping at straws here. Does the batch file need to be run as an administrator? Or make sure in the properties of all the files that they are unblocked?

Dick

They need to be in SysWOW64 for a 64 bit system.

I tried to install them into my Win 8 and had to run the .bat file as Administrator. Actually I already have one of them and only needed to add the other.

Then I got a warning that the file could not be found so I edited the .bat file to include the full path...

regsvr32 C:\Windows\syswow64\TABCTL32.OCX

Then I ran the .bat file and had success.

cheers,
Lane

Hello Ryan:

As seen above and in the other linked threads, there is still some uncertainty as to exactly where one may need to locate VB6 components in ones Windows folder chain in order to get SBuilder for FS9 (aka "SB205") to install and run properly, as further demonstrated ...in yet another thread:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?259133-SBuilder-For-FS9

Perhaps info in the following thread might help with "missing and/or un-registered VB6 files" errors during installation / use of SBuilder for FS9 ? :scratchch

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/sbuilder-run-time-error.430067/

PS: Regarding the question in your flightsim.com thread on the process of making custom "Airport Background Polygons" with SBuilder for FS9, here is a list of multiple related tutorials and info (with many thanks to all authors for creating / sharing these resources with us, especially Luis Sa' ...for creating a version of SBuilder for both FS9 and FSX !): :teacher:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...ts-and-no-help-information-in-sbuilder.18011/

Hope this helps ! :santahat:

GaryGB

Last edited:

rhumbaflappy

Staff member
Resource contributor
Hi All.

I think Lane has found the best solution for a 64-bit system.

However... I deleted the 2 .OCX files from the SysWow64 folder, copied the 2 .OCX files and the batch file I made to the root SBuilder9 folder, and ran the batch file. This works as well.

Dick

I have got the comdlg error fixed but now there is another error for mscomclt error. I cant remember how I fixed the other error. it involved resetting the computer

Yes I finally got it working. I moved all the nessessary files into the syswow64 folder and ran the command prompt as an administrator and typed in 'regsvr32
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\(Name of .ocx file I registered)'. Thanks for all the help guys.

Ryan