• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SbuilderX v315 .SBP files deleted after a fail compile .

Country
canada
Hi , Prior to SbuilderX v315 , after an error and fail to compile bgl file , SbuilderX just closed , my .SBP file is still there in the shapes folder . All I need to do is start SbuilderX again and open the SBP file to compile the bgl file . It worked all the time before v315 .
Now with v315 , every time before I start to press that green BGL compile button , I have to pray that no error will occur during the compile process or else my SBP file will be gone and I have to start all over again . My work around right now is that before hitting the compile button , I copy and paste the .SBP file in a safe place in the case it is deleted if an error occur when compile and SbuilderX has to be closed . Is there a setting somewhere to tell SbuilderX v315 not to delete my .SBP files ?
I am using FSX in Windows 8.1 . Thanks

Country
us-illinois
Hello:

SBuilderX remembers where you last saved the most recent *.SBP project file until that path is changed.

SBuilderX auromatically and globally deletes all files in this sub-folder after a project is compiled via SDK SHP2VEC:

[SBuilderX315 install path]\Tools\Shapes

CAVEAT: Do not save any file there that you wish to keep after any CVX vector BGL is compiled from selected objects ! :alert:

Rather than deleting 'only' *.SHPs, SBuilderX 3.15 deletes *.SHP, *.SBP, and other files ...after a CVX BGL compilation. :oops:

You can change the path for the current project *.SBP project file to ex: [SBuilderX 3.15 install path]\Tools\Work ...via;

SBuilderX Menu > Edit > Edit SBuilderX.INI

Browse and change target path here:

[RecentDirs]
SBPDir=[SBuilderX315 install path]\Tools\Shapes

...should be changed to ...ex:

[RecentDirs]
SBPDir=[SBuilderX 3.15 install path]\Tools\Work

After performing that manual edit, exit and re-start SBuilderX.

Hope this helps ! :santahat:

GaryGB

Country
canada
Thank you GaryGB ,
Following your instruction to change the path of the saved .SBP file , now I don't need to pray when hitting that compile button:) .
Many thanks .

Country
france
Hello
I just read this post and can give an indication I hope useful if you "lose" your sbuilder files.
Some months ago I deleted a sbx files, but I still have de compiled cvx file.
I used cvx extractor ver 102; you recover shp files and import them to rebuild your sbx project; it needs some time, but less than buid a new project.
Thanks to cvx extractor!