• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SCASM question...

I was wondering where all the helpful information under the SceneryDesign>Tutorials>SCASM forum is? Or, can anyone suggest another place with a good tutorial.

I downloaded the scasm program and so far haven't been able to make heads or tails of it. I've been following several of the threads here with the same result.

I'm trying to figure out the steps to animate hanger doors ( I saw the current post on the same topic ) and so far I've managed to get everything working except that the doors only operate in the expected continious loop.

I can follow some of what I've seen in the forums, just need a little help getting the "middle-man programs" between gmax and FS figured out.

Thanks

Rick
 

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Rick,

Rick Tobin said:
I was wondering where all the helpful information under the SceneryDesign>Tutorials>SCASM forum is? Or, can anyone suggest another place with a good tutorial.
There is/was a long tutorial about SCASM here:

http://www.combatflight.de/html/scasm-tut/scasm1.html

But at the moment the site seems down to me.

Rick Tobin said:
I downloaded the scasm program and so far haven't been able to make heads or tails of it. I've been following several of the threads here with the same result.
SCASM is a compiler. So it is not really a program you can use alone. You would either have to write source code for it, or use a graphical user interface to create it for you.

Rick Tobin said:
I'm trying to figure out the steps to animate hanger doors ( I saw the current post on the same topic ) and so far I've managed to get everything working except that the doors only operate in the expected continious loop.
That is normal for most animations. If you make an animation in GMax it will also do that by default.

Rick Tobin said:
I can follow some of what I've seen in the forums, just need a little help getting the "middle-man programs" between gmax and FS figured out.
Just to get this clear SCASM has nothing to do with GMax. SCASM is mainly used by "older" tools like FSDS, FSSC, Airport for Windows etc. GMax uses BGLC/BGLC9 as compiler.
 
Arno, thanks a million for clearing all that up...

guess it's back to sorting through the forums for the "how to part" of this project.

Thanks,
Rick
 
Well, it didn't take as long to get things sorted out as I expected. I read all the docs and info I could find here, installed all the applications I needed, and now have animated hanger doors in my newly built hangers. woohoo!! :D :D :D
 
Top