Scenery Activator for FSX and Prepar3D

mendiola_loyola

Resource contributor
I'm attaching the Scenery Activator v1.6, this version can activate sceneries for
FSX, FSX-SE, Prepar3D v.1.x and Prepar3D v2.x.

FSX-SE: FSX - Steam Edition

Regards
Alfredo Mendiola Loyola
Lima, Peru

Attachments

jdberg

Resource contributor
Hello Alfredo,
thanks for the great tool. I have a problem with "German Umlauts". If someone uses an Umlaut like ü,ä,ö or ß in the Title of the Scenery, it is discarded in the scenery.cfg.
Do you see a chance of correcting the character set, so that international characters are represented correct?
Thanks
Jörg

mendiola_loyola

Resource contributor
I'm attaching the Scenery Activator v1.7, this version can activate sceneries for
FSX, FSX-SE, Prepar3D v.1.x, Prepar3D v2.x and Prepar3D v3.x.

FSX-SE: FSX - Steam Edition

Regards
Alfredo Mendiola Loyola
Lima, Peru

Attachments

jdberg

Resource contributor
Good news Alfredo,
thank you very much.
Did you fix the format problem of the scenery.cfg file which "destroyed" the German Umlauts (see above) and probably some other characters too?
Didn´t find any release notes.
Jörg

jdberg

Resource contributor
Just made a short test and I am really sad, that the problem is still there.
If you try to activate a scenery e.g.
Title=Bad Dürkheim
Path=E:\Scenery_Flightport_FSX\EDRF_Bad_Dürkheim
Target=FSX

It destroyes both "ü" so that the scenery.cfg is corrupted afterwards and you get an error when starting FSX.
Do you see a chance to fix that problem?

mendiola_loyola

Resource contributor
Just made a short test and I am really sad, that the problem is still there.
If you try to activate a scenery e.g.
Title=Bad Dürkheim
Path=E:\Scenery_Flightport_FSX\EDRF_Bad_Dürkheim
Target=FSX

It destroyes both "ü" so that the scenery.cfg is corrupted afterwards and you get an error when starting FSX.
Do you see a chance to fix that problem?
Dear JdBerg:

I have added to my pending list use unicode to support special characters.
When I have ready the release I will Ask you to test it please.

Regards.
Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

jdberg

Resource contributor
Hello Alfredo,
I really appreciate that, thank you very much. If you have a new version for testing, please let me know.
Regards
Joerg

mendiola_loyola

Resource contributor
Dear Joerg:
I was making tests with the German Umlauts. The application can read those characters when the ActivatorConfig.ini has the ANSI Encoding "single byte". The problem is when the Scenery.cfg has another encoding like the UTF8, in that case those special characters are transformed on two separated characters. I advice you to not using special characters on the FSX Scenery.cfg, it could give problems with the FSX.

Regards.
Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

jdberg

Resource contributor
Dear Alfredo,
thanks for your response. I know it is not very clever to use encodings other than ANSI for scenery.cfg files but I cannot influence that. Some userers have installed sceneries with tools that make exactly that conversion and we have to be prepared. Currently we developed our own tool to keep the format of the file unchanged. We are supporting FSX and FSX:SE with this tool, P3D has got his own procedure to do that anyway..
So I finished my work on the installer for know.
Thanks for your help and advice.

Jörg

Last edited: